12 d

AITA for wanting to break up with my boyfriend for ditching me even though he has an excuse?

Anonymous
Without context I am sure that yes, that does make me sound like a jerk. However, I feel so disappointed and let down by my boyfriend a lot. He used to ditch me all of the time or was late to the things we planned. It changed for a while, but I am always so on edge. My stomach hurts making plans with him. I feel anxious the days leading to us seeing each other, because I am always expecting him to cancel or something to happen because it is literally always something with him. This time, though he has a valid excuse, I feel like I've had enough. Not only that, but whenever a minor inconvenience happens, he jumps to "I can't make it" instead of trying to figure it out and not ditch me all of the time. It feels like he doesn't care, despite how he protests that.

It's frustrating when I center my schedule around when we're supposed to hang out. I put things on hold to see him. We're both students in college so we can't see each other often. However, when we do, something always has to go wrong. I try to put myself in his shoes, but I can't. I don't ditch people I care about, at least not this much. When something goes wrong, I figure it the hell out.
1
1