Are you tired of dating people who have too many issues or are otherwise emotionally unavailable?

Allie2468
It seems to me like a lot of people have so many issues that they dump on others, when they go out on dates... such as family/friend/ex/life drama, mental health issues, money issues, and so many more issues a person can have. I understand having problems you need help to solve, or needing someone to vent to. I’m not a counselor, therapist, or mental health coach. I want people I’m interested in or who are my friends to feel comfortable with talking to me, but I don’t want to feel like I’m just listening to your issues. For heaven’s sake if we’re on a date, you want to impress the person! Show them the best sides of you. I like to think of it almost like a job interview... They’re trying to see how compatible you are with their personality, likes, and dislikes.

PLEASE don’t go out on dates with people if you aren’t emotionally ready/able to and actually try to have a good time with the person. Go on dates because you are comfortable being in your own skin, and genuinely READY for a relationship, but not forcing/rushing anything.

I’m not a jerky person and I understand when you need to vent to someone. I don’t mind listening to a few minutes here and there, but please keep in mind that everyone has their own issues to solve/work out and I don’t always have the time nor the patience to listen to it.
Yes I am tired of it
No I don’t care
Neutral/skip
Vote C
GirlGuy
3
1