I'm just coming out of a relationship, in which I was head-over-heals in love for the first time in a long life. I need advice on how to get over it.
Most Helpful Girl
If you feel like crying, then cry. If you feel like screaming, then scream.
1. Enjoy being single.
2. Make a list of everything that was wrong with her. The love of your life is not perfect
3. Erase all of her contact information
4. Don't be available for her calls. Most women only call because they want something.
5. Stay off of myspace, facebook etc. Don't check that stuff and don't change your page drastically. It will only cause her to contact you.
6. You don't want contact with your X while you are trying to get over her. You will end up in bed with her and regret it later because it will never be the way it was.
7. Find some new places to hang out. Don't go to the places that you and your X used to go. It will only cause you to hone in on the past. Find some new places with some new people.
8. It's time to get a new haircut, or hair color and some new duds. LOL. Times are tough, try some consignment stores or something. Or trade with one of your guy friends. The idea is to have something new that you can say. "I never wore this with my X" It may sound a little crazy, but sometimes that's all you can hold on to, to maintain you sanity and strength.
Dude, you're in Florida and there are lots' of beautiful women in Florida. Try dating some new women. And find someone the opposite of your X. You don't want to date the same type of woman because you will keep comparing them to your X. If she was a blonde, then date a red-head. If she had long hair, date a woman with short hair. It's shock therapy for the heart! KRL
Hope this helps you move on! There are tons of guys out there and I'm sure you're a great girl. Have confidence in yourself and be strong! KRL2