So I posted a similar question yesterday but I've since revised it a bit and so has my situation so I've decided to make a new one.
I have a female friend whom I've known for about a year and have recently started getting feelings for. The feelings seem somewhat mutual, but I'm not 100% sure. I flirt with her and she seems to flirt back, but I want to take things to the next level and have decided to sort of take her on a date. I was going to send her a text tonight that said:
"Hey what are you doing tomorrow night"
"I was thinking about going to [restaurant] tomorrow night before [bar name], and would prefer to go with a hot date ;)"
The restaurant is a restaurant that I know we both really like and always talk about, and the bar is a bar we always go to Wednesday nights with our friends.
So what do you think of that approach? What would be going through your head if a guy friend sent that to you? Should I change the text message in anyway?
Most Helpful Girl
I understand why you don't wanna confess you like her... It's natural to have afraid that your friendships sinks all the way down and that way you push her away when all you want is the right opposite... I've been there before with a boy... I liked him and did nothing and neither was he, so we gave up on each other even before we tried. Around a year later, the same thing happened with a different boy. I didn't wanted to mess it up again this time so I took the guts to tell him.. but he didn't like me back. However, both girls and guys (when like the other person as friends) try not to make things weird... And the easiest way I've found is to act like if your friendship is more important than anything... then you can even say that you've learnt to love her as a sister - girls usually understand (later) that that is the kind of guys they want - the ones who don't act weird and go away after being rejected or have rejected the girl.
Now, there's also the huge chance that she likes you back but has afraid that you don't like her and that way you eventually ruined your friendship... What I mean is that she might think just the exact same thing as you do.
My advice is:
1. don't play all bossy around her, like you're the best and you can do all the chicks in town, just to make her jealous (that way she'll think you're interested in someone else)
2. touch her hair and give her lots of hugs - that shows you care
3. let her know you can get a little (this is important - a LITTLE - you don't wanna be a controll freak) jealous of the guys who hint on her.
4. tell her she's different from the other girls you know, occasionally make a compliment on her smile, her eyes, or even some outfit that you think that suits her well - ATTENTION: make a compliment ONLY when you mean it, otherwise she won't believe you if you're always saying those things.
5. make her laugh, make her feel safe and always be there for her... if she didn't like you before, now she will c;
If there's anything you'd also like to know or you if you didn't understand what I meant when I said some things, please be free to ask, and GOOD LUCK! c:0
- Show AllShow Less