He rain checked me last week, but I think it was sincere, what to do now?

I recently reconnected with I guess you could say an old flame. We never dated but there was always flirtation and a mutual interest.

But we started talking and last week, I texted him on my days off and suggested we meet to catch up. We made tentative plans to get together and I told him to text my with details the day of. He texted me early in the day to tell me he was really sorry, couldn't make it, gave a legit sounding excuse, and that he would have to owe me one with a winky face. I said no problem, and then we continued to talk, and he asked me where I would like to go when we get together and we decided on a place. So because of that I don't think he was blowing me off. He had told me to let him know when my next days off were and I casually mentioned them at that time.

We texted a bit the next day but not since, he sent the last text. Well now I am in the middle of my first day off and have tomorrow too, but have not heard from him. I don't really expect him to be carrying around the info in one text of when I was free again, so I feel I should text him.

So I guess I am just looking for content for the text that sounds relaxed and whatev, but makes the most out of the fact that today and tomorrow are my days off. I work a lot of hours so if not today or tomorrow its several more days before I can meet again.

So what do I say?

0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• Um...don't people use phones anymore?! Why just text? Why not pick up the phone and actually talk? That's different! Call him, leave a message if you have to. Tell him you're off, wanted to chat, hit you back when he gets a chance. Hang up and go on about your business with out overanalyzing the whole thing. Dating should be fun people!

Hope you do finally get to go out.

0|0
    0|0
    • You're right, total over analyzation. But no, people don't use phones anymore, at least not the calling feature. Besides, I prefer texting because it keeps things light, rather than having a long phone conversation, that leaves you with less to talk about later.

But I did text him a simple "Off tomorrow, let me know if you want to get that drink" and got an immediate response and set up plans. Thanks for the answer!

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 0

Be the first guy to share an opinion
and earn 1 more Xper point!

What Girls Said 0

The only opinion from girls was selected the Most Helpful Opinion, but you can still contribute by sharing an opinion!