So here's the deal...
I've had a number of one-night stands, girls I've seen in the short-term, etc. I've had a good time, they've had a good time, we went our separate ways.
Now, I've been trying to date girls for a more serious relationship as of lately. Honestly, I've experienced nothing but frustration.
Here's what I've been through:
- Flakes (girls not showing up on time to dates)
- Girls claiming to date you exclusively, but still keep their dating profiles up (even sent one girl who claimed to be dating me exclusively, but when I sent her a message from a fake profile, she said she wasn't seeing anyone)
- Spending way more money trying to see girls than when I just hit it and quit it
- Emotional disconnects from the girls (try to share some of my background, girls not opening up emotionally about what their insecurities are or what their past was like, it makes me feel vulnerable to share about my past and then get nothing in return)
- I'm not expecting sex right away, but then I end up getting none due to girls flaking, not wanting to commit, playing the field, etc, so now I'm horny as hell, as well as emotionally and mentally drained, I feel sick
Bottom line, the more I date girls and try to respect them, the more I can't stand them. Honestly, I don't want to hate women, but it is becoming very hard for me not to view them just as sex objects. The more I've tried to respect and take girls seriously in the form of a potential relationship, the more emotional torture I seem to inflict on myself.
At this juncture, I don't even feel motivated to even go for a one-night stand. I am truly disconnected from women. Are there any other guys out there like me? I am depressed beyond belief. I'm going to be 30 years old next year and am trying to get into a serious relationship, but I'm getting nothing to work with.
I seriously am tempted to just view the next woman I come in contact with as just a receptacle to deposit a load and leave it at that. I can't believe that trying to be more mature has just made me miserable. What do I do?
Most Helpful Guy
Not to go all Morpheus on you... but, "I know *exactly* how you feel." I had several bad experiences, and seriously now I feel better just ignoring girls. So emotional, lying, forever changing what they said or claiming they meant... I haven't actually had conversation with a girl that wasn't a seriously just a friend in six months. I've gotten approached, and just feel irritation at the intrusion. I'd rather just spend my time writing legal essays and playing videogames, now.
And I second that, what you said. Be respectful to girls, and they don't give a sh*t for you. They'll dump you for a guy they themselves call a jerk. Just go for what you want, and you'll get it easily.