How can you know when your dating someone if that person is right for you ?
Most Helpful Girl
let me start off by saying I do not believe in "the perfect one" or some perfect formula or prince(ss) charming. you will never find your soul mate if you expect EVERYTHING to be perfect. I do not believe we have one mate out there and everyone else in the world is the wrong one.
to me "right for you" means it is somebody you are happy with, that it makes sense to be with and you can have a future together potentially. here are some things to consider!
1) If it ISN'T right you will know!
when something is wrong or you should not be with the person you know it in your gut. you get this bad feeling that rests there and it won't go away permanently. maybe you only feel it when you are away from the person. but your instinct tells you a lot more than you would think. I dated a guy who was wrong for me and I felt sick and unhappy half the time when I was alone..because my gut was telling me to get out but I ignored it. so if you don't have a general bad feeling about him/her that's the first good sign
2)you have a general sense of happiness when you think about the person. you don't get pangs of worry or doubt when you are away from him/her
3) you think that overall your friends/family would approve
4) you are compatible. culturally/religiously there are no problems.
5) you feel an attraction for the person. he or she doesn't have to be a ten but you feel sexually attracted and doing things sexually excites you with him/her
6) you don't feel that you have to hide him or her. if you are reluctant to show or talk about the person there is a problem
7) you are the right ages and stages. people have different views on age gaps but depending on where both of you are I do think there is a problem if the stages in life and/or age gap is too large.
8) you can also be friends. you feel comfortable sharing things and talking and opening up to each other
9) you feel that you can be yourself around the person
10) you feel respected and he/she treats you with respect
11) Trust! This kind of goes back to one but if I catch a guy in a lie (subjective but I caught a guy lying about where he went to school and where he lived, those are problems) I can't trust him and if you can't trust someone you know it.
12) you can envision a future together
hope I helped.