+1 y

Why would you deny liking someone?

I'm in an odd situation. I'm talking to my ex again, who was my girlfriend for around 4 months. We were perfect for each other and it was both of our first relationships, but immaturity on my part and seriousness ruined it. I cried, begged for her back, etc, and then We didn't talk for a while, and each time we tried to talk again I'd bring up the relationship and explained myself but it changed nothing, she was done. The relationship was stessful on her, we didn't argue everyday, but I picked fights and it was enough...

Recently we started talking again... Anyway one day she messages me saying we should talk about things and so we did. Prior to this she had opened up and told my friend she still really liked me and wanted to talk to me again, so I asked if she liked me. She pretty much texted me "Who told you that? Tell me! No I don't have those feelings, it doesn't mean I still don't want to talk to you again." Mind you this was over text... So I'm not entirely sure if she had meant it or said it to avoid complicating things. I sort of made it clear I still liked her... Anyway, almost everything else she does is contradictory... All of my friends say she always looks at me still, even after we're talking again (so its not cause she misses me), and that they can tell she still likes me. As opposed to acting super friendly the way she usually does with friends, whenever I see her in the halls she either looks at me and smiles or looks away... When we text each other I purposely flirt and she even flirts back... And she texts me first a lot as well. What gets me is, why deny your feelings? Or am I just making myself believe this? When I say she called me perfect when we were together I mean it.
Why would you deny liking someone?
2
0