Should I be jealous that my boyfriend is texting a woman he met on scrabble? They text back and forth all day...and before you ask, yes, I looked at his phone without him knowing. He says good morning and night and apologizes if he can't reply straight away. He used to talk about his scrabble friends, but never her. He even goes into the bathroom to text her and he doesn't know that I know what he's doing. The texts are pretty innocent. Some flirting...eg, she says 'feeling sick today' and him' Ill make you soup'...her 'lol, I probably sound like a crack addict'..him 'NO, you sound lovely'..and so it goes on and on. He would freak if he knew I looked at his phone. Am I being stupid feeling jealous? I'm sure that I would never text my whole life to some stranger like he is. Somebody tell me if this is wrong? He's never likely to meet her because she lives in another country, but I find it disconcerting how intimate they have become.. Help please!
Most Helpful Guy
1. You shouldn't have gone through his phone and feel the way you are feeling, this actually did compound a situation that may not have existed.
2. This could either mean he is just being friendly to her or this is the beginning of something (could be either)
3. But your nosing into it will surely make it the latter of point 2
4. After a certain time it's human nature to latch on to some excitement, doesn't happen to everyone but happens to most of them (of either gender)
5. At this point I don't see a reason for alarm but probably letting him know that you know he has a 'text friend' will make things better. Better will be to get him mention it to you :)
6. At any point don't start an insecurity related row that may trigger something that doesn't exist2
- Show AllShow Less