+1 y

Should I give up on finding someone?

I just feel like giving up on finding a girl...really though, I just don't seem to function well with them.

I have never been on a date or even been in a position to ask a girl out. I didn't speak to any girls in high school or elementary school so I really don't have many friends who are girls. I have been to college twice and no luck with girls. I have just started to go back to school again at 26 years old and it seems like all girls are 18 years old and for me I wouldn't date anybody younger than about 5-6 years than my age. even 5-6 years seems pretty young at this point. One more thing is that I do not see very any people of my racial background in school and I would prefer to date within it, but I am open to an interracial relationship. I just feel completely lost with girls as I have never been able to make anything happen. I have slowely begun to make some friends that are girls, and I have gone out with one on one them a few times, but she has a boyfriend and we are just friends. My whole life is kind of come to a halt because I have not really had a good social life for the past 10 years or so. I feel depleted of life in a way. I guess another thing is that my social anxiety plays a part in it, or maybe my obliviousness to signals. Also in public and around my city, there used to be a lot of European girls, no I find that girls in my age group just aren't around. mayeb they all have full time jobs and never go out at night, I have no idea...actually they probably found some amazing guy and got married. I just can't seem to catch a break in my life. I feel like my head is going to explode because of some inescapable fate of lonliness.
+1 y
If people who answer could also give their age and when the started dating that would be great. Thanks to tjose who already answered!
Should I give up on finding someone?
2
2