Why are women so choosy when it comes to dating?

funkyzoom
I just don't seem to understand this. Why are women so choosy about the man they date? I mean...every woman has certain expectations about the kind of man she wants to date, and she will never settle for anyone who doesn't satisfy those requirements, even if he is better in several other ways. On the other hand, men are a lot more accommodating. Suppose a man asks out a woman whom he feels is the best for him but she turns him down, then he surely tries his luck with the next best women, and doesn't really complain about this. Of course, I'm not judging women or men. I just want to know the reason why women are so choosy about the man they date. I welcome answers from both men and women.

P.S. Please don't feel that I'm criticizing women. I'm just looking for a healthy discussion. Please feel free to express your views, but kindly refrain from flaming. Thank you.
10
8