+1 y

Am I doing the right thing by cutting him off? Please help.

I have been friends with this guy for over a year, but recently we have become very close.He is an amazing guy. He is smart, very good looking and very nice. My only problem with him is that he never calls me and he takes a while to reply my messages. I have talked to him about this in details, over and over again – I have even resulted to ignoring him for several days. Each time he would beg, apologize and promise to change. He knows exactly how I feel about this and how it affects me. What makes me really upset is the fact that he is currently not working, he is not taking summer classes, and he has only three friends and they barely spend time together, so it is not like he is so busy or occupied that he can’t afford to text me in a reasonable time or even call once in a while. In the past, I have never been the type who would tell a guy what I want over and over again (I would just cut them off), but for him I have made an exception and right now I am beginning to feel insulted.

I have thought about this and I have decided to cut him off. I really like him, and will definitely miss his friendship, but I don’t think I can tolerate that attitude anymore. I have already gradually started ignoring his messages, but I’m feeling guilty because I know how much he likes me and how helpful he has been to me. He has sacrificed a lot of his time for me in school and whenever we hang out. He is always telling me I am all he has, but his attitude in texting and calling says otherwise. Please tell me, am I doing the right thing by cutting him off or should I just stick it out. It is killing me.

Thank you.

3
2