Should I end it, I have no trust in him? Help!

I don't have many reasons to not trust him, but it either steams from being hurt in the past or it's a gut feeling. I'm constantly worried about if he's seeing someone else, if he's where he says he is etc. Even when I'm with him, I sometimes can't let my wall down, and end up being kind of cold and stand offish. He says he likes me, etc but I'm always thinking he's lying. I don't know if I should break it off because I might be getting played and made to look like a tool, or if I shouldn't, because I could ruin something good. I know he went on a date with another girl (were not exclusive, just started seeing each other), still has his dating profile up (he says he doesn't use it) and complained to someone else that he thought I wasn't interested so that makes me think is. What should I do?

31

Most Helpful Guy

• If you have no trust in a person, it's quite a sign that he's not the one for you.

Most Helpful Girl

• I think you need to just stop and take a breather and realize what you do have right now. Then you need to remember that he is not who has hurt you in the past and how you would feel if he constantly doubted you when you haven't done anything wrong? That kind of stuff pushes people away and I know from experience how hard this is but you need to trust him until HE shows you a real reason not to.

Relationships are built with trust and respect and it goes both ways. So if you don't feel that you are ready to do this, maybe you should break up and take some time to be alone to sort your feelings and mind. But another thing to keep in mind is that IS what dating is, finding out if this person is compatible or not. Everyone is going to get hurt while dating and you have to take those bade experiences as a learning experience for next time but not let them define you or your life.

What Guys Said 0

The only opinion from guys was selected the Most Helpful Opinion, but you can still contribute by sharing an opinion!

What Girls Said 2

• Go with your gut. If you don't trust him now, you won't trust him later. I wish someone gave me that advice 14 years ago. But, I probably wouldn't have listened anyway.

• If you want to be with him, stay. If you can't trust him, leave. Confront him about your feelings and say if he wants to continue to see you the dating sight has to go. Stand firm to your word. However, if you two just started seeing each other you need to let yourself try to trust the guy or you shouldn't consider dating him at all.