+1 y

It seems so easy for other people to date, but I feel depressed about my dating life. Advice?

Okay, so I don't want to sound like a whiny little beta, but recently it's dawned on me that I'm 25 and my dating life sucks. I haven't been on a date for years, I haven't had sex for 2 years, and life in general sucks because of this.

I see other guys who are younger (and sometimes older) who are able to date, yet I never am able to. I guess I keep putting barriers up and being insecure about things.

It's little things like "my job isn't great, will she care" or just stupid things that I shouldn't use as excuses. A couple of weeks ago when It was lovely and warm, I had 3 girls walking past me in the street who gave me strong eye contact in the space of 2 days.

One of the girls actually smiled at me for goodness sake, yet I too slow to approach and kept walking. then another girl walked past me and gave me eye contact, yet again, I didn't follow it up. Actually, another 2 as well who gave me strong eye contact, yet I just didn't have the balls to approach.

It really grates on me. I could have possibly got 3-4 dates or at least numbers there, but I was too chicken to approach and say a simple "hi, what's your name?" It really irritates me how ridiculously dumb I am around women. Oh, not to mention a girl in the shoe shop who pretty much said she wanted to make new friends, yet I never thought to get her number or invite her out.

Not to mention, 5/6 years ago I was going out and girls were always paying me attention, yet still I never anything with 99% of these girls. The only time I ever got laid was because of pure luck and the girls initiating on their part.

I really beat myself up for all the missed opportunities in my past and recently.

Any advice? girls, guy, it doesn't matter, as long as you have good advice.
1
6