+1 y

Newly single at 29, how do I avoid dating apps?

I ended a 10 year relationship last year and I don't use any social media whatsoever, not even with friends or family. I guess I maxed out on message boards in 2003 when I met my ex online and all our friends got more and more involved with their online lives while we pulled away and moved to the beach to nest alone.

I never got married or had kids, I am still very confident in my appearance but partied well with a boyfriend and really don't have experience dating or flirting with people on the dance floor or at bars.. I was always giving guys the "sorry but taken" smile that it is all I know how to do!

Anyway I need advice on how to encourage a guy to ask me out in person. I am not too shy but I don't know if sitting in bars and clubs downtown and smiling like a fool at the men in my midst is even done these days! Is it weird to be out and about on my own?

Another question, my best girl friend is also single, we are both cute and similar ages, is it a good or bad idea to travel with a buddy to concerts/shows or do men find it harder to approach women with friends in tow?
2
1