Is it normal to dread going to work?

Anonymous
Serious question here, this is the first job I've ever had so I have absolutely nothing to compare it to. I know that it's normal to feel awkward/uncomfortable at a new job, but I don't feel that anymore. I've been at the job a couple of months, am very comfortable performing all my duties, and no longer feel out of place. That's not the problem.

I literally dread going to work because I know that when I go I'm not going to have anything to do. I try so hard to find work to do, even doing things I don't have/need to, but I just end up standing around for hours, waiting for time to pass, feeling nearly suicidal. I've been trying to look for jobs that seem more productive, but I'm scared that the next job I get will be just as dull, I'm scared that ALL jobs are dull or inherintly awful, and that it's normal to spend every day on the job waiting for your shift to be over. Is it?
Is it normal to dread going to work?
8
2