I work very closely with a guy who is dating an office crush and it's painful, how to deal with it?

I started a new job about 8 months ago and on my 3rd day i met someone who i was instantly attracted to however i didn't persue anything beacuse i have a personal rule about not dating co-workers. However my feelings have seemed to manifest themselves into a little work crush despite me hardly ever having contact with the person (in my entire 8 months there i've had a total of 1 hour's worth of contact with the person)

However a few months ago someone who works in the same department as me started dating this girl and this stirrued up and anger and fury in me cos the guy is a dick and i know he won't treat her with the respect she deserves. Anyway i'm able to keep things professional for the time being however there are times where i can feel my judgement being clouded and i've been close to lashing out at the guy verbally (He is everything i don't like in a guy)

Of course i will never actually sabotage the relationship he has with his girlfriend. But part of me wants to, i also there seems to be something about this girl he is seeing that makes me want to ignore my "don't date co-workers" rule. But i'm not sure of that cos of the anger/jealously or whether she is just the person that makes me want to break the rule
0
3