How can you tell when you are getting burnout from a job?

Like what are some signs?, Lately I've been feeling burnt out and not as optimistic about going to work as I was say like 2 months ago. I've been there for a year and a half now. I have been doing the same tasks since I haven't learned much new. I am always usually stuck stocking or in the warehouse. I want to learn cash register. They have said they were going to train me since November it's now almost May. Could I be getting burned out or is it pretty much a case of being stuck in a mediocre position?

520

Most Helpful Girl

• There's a few good solid signs you are suffering from burn out.

Are you having a hard time sleeping at night? Do you dream a lot about work, and are the dreams always negative?

When you wake up in the morning, are you filled with dread of having to go back to work? Does your stress level increase the minute you pull into the parking lot?

Are you drained of energy? So much so that even stuff you once enjoyed you just don't have the energy to do?

There are plenty of signs, but those are just a few. Hopefully this helps!

Most Helpful Guy

• The majority of jobs involve repetition. Even 'exciting' stuff like being a pilot, emergency worker or whathaveyou will involve a ton of routine.

Being burned out is when you have a complete lack of energy and focus, not just being bored by it.

What Girls Said 4

What Guys Said 19

• For me the major sign is that I quit giving a shit. It may be different for me though, since I get burned out because the work can be very stressful, not because I've been there too long.

If possible take a break. Talk to management and see if you can get that training. You might also consider looking for another job. Personally I think looking for a job should be ongoing, even if you are already working. It's a good way to keep up on the local job market, and you never know when a better opportunity may come along.

Unless there is realistic room for advancement and a potential career where you are now, then you should consider your current job as temporary income while you look into something with better potential.

• I think you need a new job.

Unless the place is short-staffed in one particular area, then they don't want to move you out from where you are. I get that an assignment change won't happen overnight, but they would try to give you some insight as to when it would happen of they wanted to accommodate the change, not leave you in the dark.

• When I have to have a battle with myself just to get out of bed and go, that's a pretty sure sign.

• that's me anymore

• You've learned a very important lesson, though maybe you haven't truly internalized it yet.

Don't believe ANYTHING that you're told by management, ever. Believe only their actions.

• I guess that is a lesson. Considering some people have moved on faster than me

• I know when I'm burnt out when I want to drink a lot of alcohol to forget about work. Constantly staying long hours is another factor. Lack of job satisfaction.

• I lost eye contact with burn-out, in the REAR-VIEW mirror about three years ago!! Running on something so far below 'empty' that there isn't a word for it!

• When you dread going into work every day.

• I think it's different for everyone, depending on their job and other factors.

For me, as I work in sales, sometimes making all these calls and not getting any sales for a few days can burn me out. I make between 500-600 calls a week, but as long as I get 2 sales, I'm good.

I'd also say not having a good work life balance can burn you out if you don't have much down time. Same with having a long commute, in the sense that it feels like a part time job. I've had a commute that was 2 hours each way. Fuck that.

• If you don't like what's happening, then get out. Don't have to be right away, you could seek a better career path before quitting.. I've been burnt the fuck out of my job for months! I stay because it pays quite well and the opportunity for further promotion.

• Basically when I dread getting up for work, it's time to change.

• when you stop caring about your performance is one and also in extreme cases it can cause an empty feeling to full on depression

• I think it could be a combination of both. If your employed in a position for an extended period of time and you feel as if your skills are not being utilized efficiently enough, then yes, you very well could be getting burned out. But you have to think ratuonally and logically to see and understand why youve came to that point. If its your fucking up on the job, then learn from it and move on. If its the employers fuck up, then good job in recognizing it and moving on. If you do decide to move on to another opportunity, always be sure to exit in a professional manner and always work a notice.

• well we have had a lot of changes. we have had people leaving and not really fast on hiring more. but when they do hire they do tend to rehire old workers back. for one thing our truck deliveries are alwayx 6pm and unload til 3 am but in January they charged to 6am til 4pm in the evening

• Try being consistent with letting management know that your there to help out and learn new job functions whenever they need you too. Let them know how you feel about things in a professional way and that your in fear that you are becoming burned out on things and that you'd really appreciate some direction on what you need to do in order to get more opportunities within.

• When you have big black circles under your eyes and you dread the sound of the alarm-clock each morning.

• Well, mine is like 3-4 days a week. but I feel like it's just not challenging anymore

• You know when you're burned out

• Around the 10th time my boss has forced me to do anal. Thats where i draw the line

• When work gets too feel that way, you need to find a new reason for you too get up and go. Like think of someone you really wanna see and make small talk with and they are only at work. Or asking about to train you into cashiering, Or just try to up your work ethic and make people notice you more. But i work with tons of different people at times so thats just me. But i do know what your feeling.

• If you get mentally exhausted from the job every day and it negatively drains you then that is one of the major signs that it might not be fit for you.

• If it's becoming a job.
    If you're already annoyed by simply thinking of going to work.

• When you nead a long vacation

• Your layoff sense is tinkling?