How good are you at geography (finding countries, capitals, most famous cultural places/structures in the world)?

• Excellent - I know ALL the world countries and their capitals, as well as ALL culturally most famous places!
    6%(2)12%(13)Vote16%(11)
  • Pretty good - I know ALL of the world countries, but NOT ALL of the locations of the most famous places...
    11%(4)28%(29)Vote37%(25)
  • Okay - I know MOST of the worlds countries and capitals and locations of SOME of the most famous places in the world...
    28%(10)27%(28)Vote26%(18)
  • Not that great - I know SOME of the world's countries and capitals as well as SOME of the famous places.
    25%(9)16%(17)Vote12%(8)
  • Bad - I know a SMALL AMOUNT of countries locations, almost no capitals and no famous places...
    6%(2)5%(5)Vote4%(3)
  • The worst - I'm almost geography illiterate!
    24%(9)12%(12)Vote5%(3)

Most Helpful Guy

Most Helpful Girl

• I'm alright... I can find most countries.. I know all the continents.. I wouldn't confuse North Korea for fucking Canada lol.. that's insanely stupid

What Guys Said 36

• I'm pretty good with the main countries. I'm pretty weak when it comes to some parts of Africa and Central Asia. I also don't know many of the tiny island countries.

When it comes to capitals, I know far less. I learned this stuff 50 years ago and it's a matter of pure luck if I'm able to pull it from the ancient cobwebs.

There are also quite a few countries that have changed names, split, or united since I learned it.

I really don't see it as a big deal if people don't know countries, and especially capitals. Knowing the major countries, sure. But using precious education time to memorize the minor countries, and any capitals at all, is a waste of educational resources that are needed far more in other areas.

When it comes to those videos about Americans, they are BS. I swear they manage to find the dumbest people they can and highlight them. It might be funny and make good entertainment, but it sure gives people wrong ideas. I'd have to search real hard to find people like some of the ones they show in these videos.

• I’m not, I don’t have memory (wasn’t included in my DNA. For some reason. Or better, no reason at all). But I’m IT guy, so I have google. And I’ve never tested myself. It isn’t even area of my interest. I guess I would know the major players or the fames ones, but…some African country, for example…I just don’t know.
    I care about it differently. The dictatorship of North Korea is interesting to watch, for example. I’m still wandering about how exactly did former Soviet union got to hold countries like Uzbekistan, Kyrgyzstan, Tajikistan, Turkmenistan and so on. They are Muslim countries, that doesn’t seems go well with the idea of communism. Why have they cared about these countries in the first place? How did they acquire them and…just WTF?
    And Africa… For example, there are countries like Cameroon. Da fuq? Never heard of them. Gabon, same thing. Togo, Benin, and so many others. I know states of US better than countries of Africa. :-D
    If I get to know someone from some country, what do you think, I’m doing as the very first thing? Run to google and ask questions.

• I know every capital for every state in the USA lol... and I know every country and capital for every Spanish speaking country... I know some... I know a fair amount about Europe and Asia too.

• I once had to draw a detailed map of earth as a project for my world history class. I got a c- on it because I left out all of Europe.

• ok to pretty good.

• I can point out more countries and capitals more than the average person. Most likely.

• Who the fuck knows every country in the world? I bet not even a geographer will know every single one of them.

• I know every country in the world, just not every exact capital in each country. It's pretty easy really. You just need to study or have a good memory.

• Seems like you don't know the definition of a geographer...

• I've got 669 hours played on Total War: Attila, I am super good at ancient geography... if I had to say, what is which nation today, I don't have a damn clue. But that's because I don't care. Who can tell the difference between all those arab and African nations anyway. Nobody and for a good reason, as the borders were mostly drawn randomly by the British.
    They aren't real nationstates. That's why there are few memorable things about them.

• I do pretty good on these sorts of quizzes. In high school they gave us agenda books with a world map, so sometimes if we were bored we'd quiz each other on which country had which capital.

• I almost know where all the European countries are, sometimes I mix up some of the eastern ones, I know most of Asia + Australia and the others around there, I know all of North America, but I'm fucked when it comes to the states, I know a good amount of south American and African countries as well, I suck at capitals, but know a good amount in Europe plus some large countries outside of Europe, I think I know a good amount of famous places

• I know where just about all countries are, except maybe some of those little African ones. Capitals? I only know the most famous ones.

• I'm pretty good

• Not that good but better than most people. I can sing all 50 states in alphabetical order too if you want me too I'll record it.

• I'm actually pretty good at geography. I can remember random geography things, that probably won't help me in life.

• Now I'm ok. I used to be excellent.

• I'm pretty good at it

• I remember in 8th grade we had to learn every country, then take a test. History was my favorite subject in school, so Geography was pretty easy.

• I know all countries in the world and their places, but not all of their capitals

• I get everything except a few African countries and the former Soviet 'stans.

• It is average

• I'm pretty good but I got kicked out of geography right before my exams...

• ... I only know a one mile radius outside my house.

• Until a few years ago I didn't even know where America was at

• I know almost all countries, know almost all capitals in South America, middle east and Europe

• I voted not that great

• i know almost all countries and their capitals including famous places

• North Korea is a zero threat to anyone but their own people

• I think I am pretty good with most of it.

• I've got every country nailed except for a few island nations in the Pacific.

• More from Guys
    6

What Girls Said 10

• I don't know the exact location of every country but I can at least make an educated guess as to which continent it belongs to.

Back in middle school we had to memorize every single country and their capitals but I don't even remember half of them nowadays. We had to also learn the US states which seemed ridiculous to me as a Finn.

• I'm really not that good. I know most of the countries, but I'm not that strong on capitals or famous sights. I know in which country famous sights are in most of the time, but to point the exact city on a map is something I wouldn't be able to do.

• Ask me to point out where America is.

I gauruntee i get it wrong.

I know where Australia, Ibdonesia and NewZealand is. And Russia.

... Thats it.

• Pretty good. I know where most places are and their capitals. I know more about famous sites if they are historical.

• I'm not that great, but my friend is even worse! I gave her countries to look for on a world map and eventually I made up a country and told her to look for it... she spent 10 minutes looking before I had to tell her I made it up!

• Oh nooooo
    I pretty much failed it all lol

• I'm terrible

• i know most

• I think I'm pretty decent, I guess I could name more with the location and capital than average

• Korea? i wish north korea disappear