How to work for a boss that trash-talks everyone?

I started a new job and my boss is extremely toxic. She gossips about and badmouths EVERYONE. Someone will email her with a perfectly reasonable request and she'll sit there are loudly talk badly about that person, how annoying they are and how stupid their question is. She has zero shame for the nasty things she says about people, because she believes she's smarter than them and therefore "better".

I see right through her, but most people there are soooo nice to her and just fall all over her. It baffles me that NO ONE holds her accountable for the nasty things she says and does. It might be that they're afraid of her and don't want to be the next to get trashed.

I personally have no respect for her. How do I work for someone like this?

223

Most Helpful Guy

• Get your coworkers to help. you call her out on it she's clearly convinced she's hot shit so knock her ego down and make sure she knows nobody wants to put up with her shit

Humiliation leads to humility

Most Helpful Girl

• Thats like mine, I just literally don't say anything because I don't want to feed into it. At the end of the day you're just getting paid, so worry about your bills and nothing else.

What Guys Said 22

• Find a new job. I've worked for people like that, and it drags you down. After you find a new job, go talk to HR about it, with your resignation letter in hand. Don't let them see it or know about it until after you know what resolution they are going to offer. Then hand it to them. That will send a loud message.

Employees are expensive to hire and train. A low retention rate can put companies out of business. Since you would be leaving the company due to too your boss, they may keep a closer eye on her. Or they may just think it's you and ignore it. Either way, you'd be out of there and onto something better.

In the interview for the new job, when they ask why you are seeking a different position, just nonchalantly tell them it's not a good culture fit. People don't always fit into a company's culture, it happens. Saying that is better than saying your boss sucks. That's an interview killer...

• I feel so bad for you I'm going to the same thing I tried to open up a chat one time I tried to explain to her the difference between a boss which I hate bosses I hate the word bosses and leader I told her if you need people follow you off of a cliff if you know what you're doing and what you're talking about if your leader but if your boss in your all over the place nobody will respect you nobody will listen to you so now she tries to force everybody into doing what she wants them to do she spends twice the money she Causes Chaos if it was a bed and breakfast place I was looking for she would be serving burnt breakfast and no she beds that's how bad yeah when you can't respect your higher up it's pretty sad like I tried to teach you to become a leader not a follower become a leader not a know-it-all a leader will allow people to do their work and do it 10 times better than somebody that doesn't even know what they're talking about

• You could try telling her how you feel about the situation or maybe just start looking for a new job. Some people don't realise the things that come out their mouths hurt people and sometimes ruin people's lives. I would probably just look for another job if you can't complain to someone higher up in the chain.

• I monitor a company, don't trust those people are nice to her. They know as well but not the topic here.
    So however I choose everyone where can see.
    Then there were no one going there the next day.
    Well it is like game of throne that mother was cut throat.
    You should know every factors in the place.
    Of cause what you said must be truth so you can hit the goal.

• What the fuck are you talking about?

• When I ask you to clarify what do you do?

Make another statement that’s even less logical and even harder to under stand...

• @jimmijo1954 cause that is not linear, reasons under the fact what you see.
      About what I do I have been writing at the website.
      You can say the company should have been weak that is not me making that
      I am not hero maybe the last straw.

• Be neutral and remember your not held accountable for the way you talk but performance,

She sounds like a big Bitch. But she's producing results. And remember that anyone in the office can throw you under the bus to be in her good books. Be careful what you say and who you say it to.

• Very difficult situation. Can't give you any practical solution. If you are a no nonsense person like me, you would stand upto her if she gives u grief.

• Keep your head, keep your head down, look for something better. You'll probably meet someone similar from time to time.

• Find a new job, seriously there are much better places to work.

• I wouldn't. I hate 2 faced, bitter arseholes like her. She'll be doing the same to you behind your back. They're just suck ups, they'll know what she's like as well but try to keep her sweet.

• It would be hard at first but I think if you were patient and just standby the chances are she will not be there for very long at least not in a Position of authority

• Be attached and involved with your work not with your boss and neither for your company. Also every time she gives you some work, you can remind her that you could have given a similar response as she gives to others but you chose to respond differently to make her realise. It also might be a case that she might be frustrated and she is doing all this to release it but not the correct way to do this.

• You dont... her toxic personality will drain you to the point of homicide. Break camp and hit the trail... life's passing you by

• Find a new job but report her to someone higher as you leave. Our a group of you can do it together and have her removed

• Start recording her for future reference

• Document it and present it to corporate or her boss no body deserves to be degraded by a real wench of a boss.

• Make jokes with her, it worked for me.

• My personal opinion, is that you don't, and you find a new job ASAP.

• Ignore

• Do that to her in front of her. make her realise same things can happen to her

• You don't get the fuck out of dodge

• Don't run away for such simple reasons, she's bitching.. You don't have to care for her, just concentrate on your own work.. Don't make much conversations with her. One day she'll realise what she was doing was not right. Make friends with colleagues. Be with them.

What Girls Said 1

• I was in the same situation!! Quitting was the best thing I ever did.