What determines a person genuine IQ?

What determines a person genuine IQ?I admit I'm not brightest light bulp around, but I'm not the dimmest neither. I took a IQ test more than once and the result is that I'm of average IQ.

But its the 3 or 4 math questions about angles and shapes that cause me to stumble and I think it's affecting my score.

Anyways what actully really determines a person IQ?

417

What Girls Said 4

• I don't believe that IQ can determine your intelligence. I believe whoever can make the best use of their understanding in their practical life is intelligent.

• A real IQ test can only be administered by a psychologist and they take hours.

These are very rarely done.

The online IQ tests are inaccurate and usually scale up to try to get you to buy their results.

This means if you're getting an IQ result of 100 online that's a pretty poor performance.

Chin up though. There's more to life than IQ. If you're a good person with a kind heart and lots of empathy that's way more important.

• I do know but I forgot. I learned it in my college psych class

• I think how you test and think strictly academically determines your IQ, but intelligence is not just that

What Guys Said 17

• There are many hypotheses from genetics, education, nutrition, socio-economic factors, and infant mortality.

It seems that infant mortality matches the data best as the infant mortality correlation is extremely strong (r=-.84) and the infant mortality correlation shows us that groups genetically close (or the same) but distant in terms of infant mortality rates have average IQs more distant than groups genetically distant but close in terms of infant mortality rates.

There are also some poor groups with low infant mortality rates and wealthier groups with higher infant mortality rates.

Leading causes of infant mortality are birth defects and prenatal/natal factors linked to impaired brain development.

The brain and other organs develop based on the energy input at early ages (like from age 0–2 with humans reaching 80% of their adult brain size by age 2).

So this means IQ is likely determined by prenatal/natal factors (which is linked to infant mortality rates). It’s also possible that there is some genetic component but right now it’s just speculation based on heritability estimates rather than actually identifying genes.

There also could be many other cognitive abilities not measured by IQ tests that are genetic and/or strongly influenced by prenatal/natal factors. Recent research has shown that WM (Working Memory) for instance makes more accurate predictions than IQ in certain conditions. I am Researcher and Currently working on Dating An Optimization Problem.

(*I had given my opinion based on my knowledge and understanding. The reality may vary)

Thank You !!!

Hope I was able to answer your question. 😊🇮🇳

• IQ is over-rated. It's complicated and vague to say the least.

There are 3 types of mental abilities:
    1) Intelligence: how fast you can think. You can judge by how fast/easy a person thinks through their problems.

2) Smarts/knowledge: how much you know. You can judge by how long a person can talk about a subject.

3) Wisdom: the understanding how things work. You can judge this by how a person applies general themes to various problems.

• Legitimate IQ tests score off a wide range of problem solving, memory retention, analysis capabilities among other factors.
    The idea is to vary the test areas to allow people that excel in different areas to get fair results.

• IQ tests do not determine how smart you are, they determine how you are able to learn and were made so that way children could get the help they needed in the classroom. Now people have taken it to a whole new level and have reduced themselves to a number.

• Welp, in my medieval character simulator, the formula is:

((Knowledge + (Cunning * 2)) + 1) * 10

I think this is pretty damn accurate, as your ability to think through problems quickly and creatively has a lot more to do with legitimate intellect than how much you can remember out of a damn textbook.

• Combination of genetics and nurture in early years.

• A buzz feed quiz. iq is a load of crap that means nothing. Thats the whole point in living in a socal environment we take care of what we can and help others where they can't and they help us where we can't.

• It's just an IQ test. It's puzzles. It has correlation with how shrewd and successful someone is in many areas, however there are many ways of measuring intelligence and some people don;t test well but have genuine intelligence despite IQ (or lack of intelligence despite IQ)

I person with a high IQ who never read up on a certain subject or experienced a certain life experience, will not be able to account for or speak on that subject.

• How fast they process information and learn things really.

• Your IQ must be below average, i mean after reading your religious post about Adam and Eve, well it can't be high.

• Lol... I know yours is extremly high. After all you believe intelligent life, complex DNA codes, atoms, body organs, planets, sun, stars, moon, tongue, language, conscience, fruits, vegetables, sea, animals, 5 senses and natural laws came from a non intelligent source.

I admit, you're really bright. 😊

• Evolution, but ok let's say God created everything, the same question still remains, who created God then? He came from nothing?

• That's why God is worthy of great worship, honor and glory. It's amazing. He created everything, yet nothing created him. He's eternal with no beginning nor end.

Do I understand it all? No. But that's why he is God.

And does your family know you are a athiest or you keeping it a secret? Hispanic families frown upon being a athiest as you should know.

• An IQ test. Online ones aren't particularly accurate.

• I got an IQ of 135

• IQ is bullshit, intelligence is so much more than a number or label

• Surface area and volume of brain as well as brain proportionality to the body

• genetics

• If your name is Hispanic cool guy or cool Christian dude studies suggest your IQ is record breakingly low

• Mostly race. Europeans or Asians do very well. Latinos also do pretty well