Do You Prefer Your Books In Hardcover Or Paperback?

• I prefer hardcovers because they feel sturdy and/or I collect books
    Vote A
  • I prefer paperbacks because of the convenience and/or they're more comfortable to read
    Vote B
  • I use an e-reader
    Vote C
  • No preference, I just like to read
    Vote D
Select age and gender to cast your vote:
I'm a GirlI'm a Guy

1|0

Most Helpful Girl

• I have no preference for paper books. However, I try to stay away from e-books. Paper books feel more real, and I feel like they give me a better sense of what's happening in the book. Call me weird, but this is what I like, and I don't think my preference is going to change in the near future. Also, e-books come on screens, and I certainly don't need any more time on those, to be honest..

0|1
    0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• hardcovers come with advantages for sure... like they last longer and look better on my bookshelf
    but I indeed do prefer a soft cover, not necessarily paper back but softcover

it's easier to hold, fold... bend to my liking
    and I like the wear and tear it goes through from my use... gives it character and a feel of aging

my hardcovers look brand new, don't really like that lol

1|1
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 25

• I love a good hardcover book. They’re beautiful to collect. But paperback is easier to carry when travelling. There are benefits to both but I prefer hardcover.

0|1
    0|0
  • I don't really care. If you're really picky, it's hard. For example: you prefer hardcover and you love one book but its paperback and it's very hard to find it in hardcover. I just read the summary and if I like it, I buy it. Paperback or not.

0|1
    0|0
  • I like the hard backs because they are more protected but I’d rather read out of a paperback because it’s a lot easier to fit into my hands and read comfortably.

0|1
    0|0
  • Paperback is just well easy to carry and flick through

0|1
    0|0
  • I voted "no preference I just love to read " but I actually like hardcover better.

0|1
    0|0
  • I have no preference. They go back to library after I read them anyways.
    And if the book is new they're both annoying to hold.

0|1
    0|0
  • Hardcovers because I like how they look. Paperbacks are easier to read though.

0|1
    0|0
  • Hardback because I am a collector and have so many books.

0|1
    0|0
  • I like paperbacks cause I can fold one side and hold it properly.

0|1
    0|0
  • I like hardcover books but paperback is more cheaper

0|1
    0|0
  • I don't care for me a book is a book and i just love it the way it is

0|1
    0|0
  • Hardcover, though I don’t mind paper back

0|1
    0|0
  • Paperback books are lighter and easier to hold.

0|1
    0|0
  • I read. That is my answer

0|1
    0|0
  • I love hardcovers!

0|1
    0|0
  • Paperbacks, because it's more comfortable.

0|1
    0|0
  • I don't like hardcover much. I prefer paperback

0|1
    0|0
  • Paperbacks

0|1
    0|0
  • No preference I like reading all together.

0|1
    0|0
  • My fav book i get as hardcovers.

0|1
    0|0
  • More from Girls

What Guys Said 13

• I have no preference per se, but I think I'm gonna start reading more books I can physically touch opposed to the ones I read online. Audio books are cool too.

0|1
    0|0
  • I prefer hardcovers because they feel sturdy and/or I collect books , but sometimes I'm forced to buy paperbacks because no hardcover is available or because paperback is much cheaper.

I buy many books secondhand

0|1
    0|0
  • Obviously hard cover is better. But if it's the difference between paying $7 or $30 for the same thing I'm going to pay $7.

0|1
    0|0
  • Whichever one's cheaper. I don't have the kind of money university demands of me when I go to purchase my books for class. Most of which I'll probably never use.

0|1
    0|0
  • Hardcover but I mostly lay my books on the table when I read so the extra weight keeps the pages down a bit better

0|1
    0|0
  • Depends on the number of pages. I like them just sturdy enough.

0|1
    0|0
  • I prefer convenience to carry even tho lately most of my books are PDF's lol

0|1
    0|0
  • I'm rough on all books, paperback are cheaper.

0|1
    0|0
  • I prefer paperback because its cheaper.

0|1
    0|0
  • I'd rather just read.

0|1
    0|0
  • as long as it is a physical copy i'm good

0|1
    0|0
  • Hard bound.

0|1
    0|0
  • I prefer them in hard cover.