Why do you think bullying problems in schools are so difficult to solve?

Why do you think bullying problems in schools are so difficult to solve?

0|3

Most Helpful Guy

• Because relationships are hard to manage. If you complain about it, people will dislike you even more because you are the reason they got in trouble.

Also, being bullied for a long time in my childhood, it's not just about the others. You yourself also have a reason for being bullied, sometimes it's a decent reason and sometimes it isn't, but it always comes from two sides.

If you give people a reason to bully you, you have to work on that reason yourself, otherwise they will keep falling back into the same behaviour, because of you.

It takes time to change yourself and teachers aren't psychologists that can guide people that far. It's always about understanding and improving yourself.

For me it was a combination of growing up, standing up for myself, getting strong enough to feel confident about myself and to realize I can't be friends with everyone and that I should just ignore certain people.

For me the problem was that I was the youngest, yet I was severly more intelligent and that made them feel bad, in turn they tried to make me feel bad. This would've probably been fine if I didn't also have the tendency to rely on others and avoid conflict.

2|1
    0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• 1. Parents tell their kids not to tattle, so they don't
    2 . Kids feel like they can't go to their parents because of #1
    3. Their teachers say the same thing as their parents
    4. Or they say the kids should come to them, then when they do they or their parents make the situation 10x worse
    5. Even if something does happen to the bullies, that one time, often times there is no follow up either from the bullies parents/teachers/etc so the bullies may have been busted once, but after that its back to free reign
    6. None of this even matters in truth because ultimately the internet was invented, and as we all know, there is literally no way to shut down anything that happens on the internet so what used to stop on the playground or in the classroom now goes on forever with absolutely no way of policing it

2|1
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 62

• Because we can't control behavior. Mankind... humans are very contradictory creatures. You tell a kid not to get cookies from the cookie jar and they begin to really want those cookies.

I think humans are naturally bad. Think about it, you don't have to teach a kid to get angry, they get angry that they don't have their food before they can ever realize that anyone has ever been angry around them. Kids learn to lie without anyone teaching them and they learn to take what belongs to someone else simply because they want it. We are naturally desirous creatures we want things. We're greedy. If someone tells us we can't do something or can't have something we rebel against that idea.

We can't teach the bullying out of people. All we can do is create real consequences for bullying so that it's within a kid's best interest to avoid bullying. Keep in mind I don't mean avoid HURTING, I mean bullying. I think any kid ought to have the right to defend themselves if someone tries to hurt them. If a kid punches them, they shouldn't get in trouble for punching back.

In all areas of life you have predators and prey. Give the prey horns to fight the predators and you have peace between the two (for the most part) such is the nature of the world. Bullying problems in schools are approached very poorly with the idea that we can simply teach kids to be good. If we tell them the right thing to do long enough and loud enough they'll just fall in line. While there are some people who would respond to that and while those people may even be the majority, they will never be 100% of the group. You will always have bullies. The best you can do is give the kids that are being bullied the right to fight back.

The above comment is merely my thoughts on the issue. You are free to disagree and have your own opinions but do not demonize me for my beliefs... you may demonize my beliefs, but don't demonize me for believing them.

1|0
    0|0
  • There just isn't a way to monitor the situation of every child and sometimes what appears to be bullying is actually just friends playing.
    School throws a bunch of people with different personalities, strength and weaknesses together so there is always going to be competition and conflict

2|2
    0|0
  • I think there should be a zero-tolerance policy for violence. If you hit another student, you should be arrested for assault, and expelled from school. Education is a right, not a privilege. If you can't act like a decent human being then you shouldn't be around decent human beings.

In the United States, we do the exact opposite of this. The Florida school shooter is a perfect example, in fact. He was enrolled in a program for troubled teens that allowed him to commit crime, after crime, after crime again with a clean slate on his record for the next school year. Everything they do gets erased from their record. And many of these kids don't even want to be in school to learn. They are only there because it's federally mandated and their parents can be arrested if they don't show up to school. So in a lot of American schools, you have actual gang members who sell drugs and commit violent acts on a daily basis.

Which brings me back to my original point. Education should be a privilege for those who earn it and want it, not a right for every dumbass who doesn't want to be there.

1|0
    0|0
  • Because bullies usually get minor punishments, victims stay quiet, teachers may not believe the victim and if the victim stands up for him or herself they’ll get in trouble, not the bully.

If schools want to stop bullying, they should give harsher punishments, such as giving the bully an automatic F in one of their classes per bullying incident and or disciplinary boot camp.

1|1
    0|0
  • I was always the smallest guy in any class or year group I was in, so I was a target. It wasn't that hard to deal with - all it took most of the time was a smack in the mouth.

Bullying will never be "solved". Assholes will always exist, and so will weaklings. The only thing you can do is teach your kids how to defend themselves and to not become bullies themselves.

1|0
    0|0
  • Because of the natural tendency for people to create in groups and out groups. There was an experiment where a teacher told her young students that they couldn't reject anyone for play, and had a hard time getting it to go over.
    www.amazon.com/You-Cant-Say-Play/dp/0674965906

2|0
    0|0
  • Because administrators have limited disciplinary authority over other peoples kids.

Kids who bully usually come from bad households and their parents are the reason for the behavious so talking to them usually gets nowhere.

Any kid who is accused of bullying should be thrown out of public schools permanently and have that engraved on their permanent record. Ban them from all schools.

Thats the only way theyll learn

1|1
    0|0
  • Psychology. com says its a pecking order thing since the beginning of time. If we were alowed to carry guns like in isreal since birth this crap wouldn't happen. Street gangs would all be dead. Streets would feel safer. In muslim countries they chop your hand off if you steal. No one steals for a reason.

1|0
    0|1
  • There not difficult to solve. Just to many lazy kids or parents to want to change. Remember bullies hurt and can't find better ways to love themselves.
    Bullies bully because they have no joy or just to fucking stupid to grow up. They can change but untell you get rid of narcitists or deranged immoral people they will not change. Most psychopaths no right from wrong but they choose to do things to hurt others.

1|0
    0|0
  • Because some parents do not want to take any blame or discipline their kids. They expect their kids to be angels, when in reality, nobody was/is perfect. Also, bullying isn't likely different from when the parents were kids and it may bring up painful memories of such. That doesn't mean that it's an excuse to not be a parent.

1|0
    0|0
  • Because it is based on a fundamental instinct we humans have; the wish to become the alpha. This is why bullying is especially common during the early teenage years since at that point, the instinct grows a lot stronger but the understanding of how to properly achieve it has not. That leads to people feeling the need to push other people down instead of pulling themselves up, which results in bullying.

1|0
    1|0
  • Because they think it is not really a problem
    School is a stage of life
    should be finished
    and getting bullied is just part of it
    (They = parents , teachers ,...)
    Nobody cares about what the hell is happening in schools

2|0
    0|0
  • I have no idea. When I was a kid if somebody bullied me I'd give em a warning, and if that did not work then if follow it with a solid punch in the nose. People didn't try to bully me too often using that strategy

2|1
    0|0
  • Because honestly it just comes down to the kids. If the kids learned to stop giving shit about some asshole calling him a fag or screwing with him about stuff then there wouldn't be a problem. But obviously most kids can't just not care so the problem exists. You can't stop bullying.

1|0
    0|0
  • Been around a lot of schools from many countries. Under any form of education, there is always bullying. There is always a system of winner and loser. The best solution is to create a "loser." Like robots to take the blame

1|0
    0|0
  • Nowadays authorities are very strict regarding bullying. For example, my college has CCTV cameras in all the places and if someone is found bullying, they are terminated.
    Now, if you watched 13 Reasons Why, which is a great show by the way, Don't get super emotional.
    Bullying happens nowadays but it's a lot better than it used to be.

1|0
    0|0
  • Because teachers can't really help, as they have a million and one other things to do. The bullies are also usually the popular kids as well, so no-one wants to grass them up to the teachers.

Simples...

1|1
    0|0
  • Because of parenting. Or lack of I should say. More kids are being raised in single parent households. It's all attention.

1|1
    0|0
  • Because teachers can't do anything but send them to the office and get not even a slap on the wrist, the also go get punished to severely for trying to solve it yourself when the school can't fix the problem.

2|0
    0|0
  • Teachers should be allowed to slap the shit out of unruly students I sure as hell would if a kid started beating up some of the weaker students I'd give them absolute hell for it that shit is just childish

2|0
    0|0
  • You can't police kids every minute of the day. Also there's a schoolyard culture of "Don't ask, don't tell."

3|1
    0|0
  • Because when a lot of parents find out that their kid is bullying others, they are more concerned with keeping their own kid out of trouble instead of correcting the behavior.

1|1
    0|0
  • They didn’t have “bullying programs” when I went through public school growing up, but that doesn’t mean bullying wasn’t an issue. It has always been an issue, as you can see in the movie “back to the future” or “stand by me” bullying is a central theme, to the right of passage growing up.
    I think part of the problem may be, that the mere presence of “bullying programs” may be doing more harm than good, because it may be enticing jerks and bullies, because they will see it as “the establishment” and being “rebellious” to bully

1|0
    0|0
  • Because of the way people are dressed or how they act. They would need to change their selfs so the people who bully couldn't say anything more. The bulliers are just people that want to be cool or are feeling better during the bullying... its sad

1|0
    0|0
  • to many people hide behind the laws, I was brought up to stand up an knock out someone trying to push me around but shiiiiit not these days, better know a bonds man and save your money for a lawyer... to many snitches

1|0
    0|0
  • Because you put hundreds of kids together, for 7 hours a day, where they will form groups that inherently exclude some people.
    In group competition, attempts to impress others, and an under developed sense of morality and self control due to young age and a still developing mind, combined with an inflated sense of self worth, that a larger, more popular group of friends inflates even more, giving them the feeling that they can get away with more, they pick the kid who looks funny, or is quiet, or has habits or hobbies they find weird, or an odd name... or who is simply BETTER than they are, but also meeker, and they mock that kid.

And because there is one adult for every 30 or so kids, and in many situations, there is no direct supervision of groups, it is hard to break up.

1|0
    0|0
  • Because no one gives a crap and don't think it's important or a serious issue

2|1
    0|0
  • There aren't enough resources to effectively address every issue

2|1
    0|0
  • Ending pervasive bullying requires student interventions, not institutional ones.

My youngest son went to a charter school where bullying was almost unheard of. Why? Because tolerance and acceptance were grassroots community values. The minute any bullying started, the student community as a whole made it quite clear that bullying was not tolerated. As there was no benefit to be gained from bullying, it simply did not happen.

I have often pondered how to replicate this effect in other places.

2|0
    0|0
  • People don't own up and just beat the shit outta the bully, just telling teachers doesn't help cuz they never do jack, it's horrible

1|0
    0|0
  • More from Guys

What Girls Said 23

• Cause no one cares. Only when it is broadcasted or the anti bully things make the school look good will they 'care'. And in reality what are they suppose to do? They can't really do anything about it. What the kid that's being bullied snitches teachers might have a word with the bully then what? It gets worse and more harder on the victim. Instead of trying to deal with the bullies they should prepare the victim on what/how to handle a bully.

1|0
    0|0
  • Because their parents allow it... teachers work hard to instil morals and antibullying programs, but parents believe that their precious child couldn't do such a thing and get pissed at the schools if there is any kind of consequence. So the kid learns they can be a sick and nothing will happen. They also see their parents being cruel, rude, and talking shit about others. These kids are a product of their environments.

1|0
    0|0
  • Because it's usually assholes that start bullying, and you can't fight assholes because no matter what you do it won't work... because they're assholes.

1|1
    0|0
  • Because teacher think it's not a big deal, they just see it as teasing and are like "don't involve me in your teenager problem, deal it with yourself you aren't a baby anymore"
    that's what it was like in my school at least.

1|0
    0|0
  • This will sound harsh and cynical but it's based on experience, the simple answer is no one cares. Other kids see it happening but don't want to get involved. If you tell someone, it has a tendency to make things worse. If a kid does get called out for bullying, the parents often jump to the defense of their child and say "they would never do that, who ever said that is lying". Or, no one believes you when you say you are being bullied. If you tell a friend or someone else, they'll just tell you do "defend yourself", like it will instantly make it better and they won't do it again.

To sum it up, people either don't care, don't want to be bothered with another persons problem, don't want to get involved or simply don't believe it's actually happening. That's my opinion.

2|1
    0|0
  • In my case I was the awkward and way too innocent kid so I tended to get made fun of quite often. Also the mum of the kids bullying me was in the PTA so they had preferences.

1|0
    0|0
  • Because there aren't really any ways to fully monitor it and the school board doesn't intervene enough when there is.

1|0
    0|0
  • in my case, it was because of the lack of interest from the teachers, they had the logic "if everyone hates her, she must have done something wrong " they bullied me because my parents were divorced

1|0
    0|0
  • It's not difficult to solve. We just do much to stop it.

1|0
    0|0
  • Because most of time it ends without severe punishment. Punish one the rest will behave.

1|0
    0|0
    • Bullying scars a kid for the rest of their life its like a miniature ptsd basicly and what happens when the kid snaps and well snaps badly and either kill theirselves or kill the bully and goes to jail and boom bullied child is even more hell. It builds up and slowly it can be vented but it doesn't vent faster than it builds up so one day someone will snap.

• Because people still aren’t willing to admit see just how serious bullying is and that it can lead to very serious damaging results if not dealt with.

They think people should just harden up, get over it, don’t listen to them, etc and move on, get thicker skin. But some of us are just sensitive people and have a lot of things going on in our lives that being bullied on top is too much.

Also bullies need to own their shit and grow the fuck to cause one day they may be bullied or someone they live may be.

1|0
    0|0
  • In my high school we didn't have any but guess people see a difference so they attack

1|1
    0|0
  • Because people are mean and the people that are being bullied don’t tend to speak up about it.

1|0
    0|0
  • Because people are mean. They don’t care what what they say does to someone.

1|0
    0|0
  • Too little teachers too little time and rude kids (to the upbringing)

1|0
    0|0
  • Because victims keep quiet

1|0
    0|0
  • Schools don’t do shit to stop bullying.

0|0
    0|0
  • 1. Bullying often happens in places where there aren’t any teachers e. g. locker rooms, bathrooms etc
    2. Cyber bullying is difficult to trace sometimes
    3. It’s subtle even if it’s happening in the teacher’s face
    4. It’s hard to accuse someone of bullying when you don’t have proof

1|0
    0|0
    • Oh and 5. What are you gonna do? Put the perpetrators in jail? Lol

• It is. In the past, I have been bullied for a long period of time for some reason I do not know. I spoke to the headmaster and teachers and guess what they have done? Nothing. Why? I am not sure but for their actions, I had depression and serious mental issues.

1|0
    0|0
  • They will never admit, but in the US people secretly admire bullies. Notice who's the president? Many of the girls find the bullying guys to be attractive.

2|0
    0|0
  • mainly because teachers cannot be bothered dealing with bullying. They don't really see it as part of their job. They need to take it more seriously as it causes major problems for individuals and society.

1|0
    0|0
  • Nobody wants to solve

3|0
    0|0
  • There's no real interest in solving problems until after it goes too far.

1|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes