What do you think about standardized tests? Is there a better system for evaluating students?

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• When I was about 14 (elementary school) my best pal's love interest at the time attended a school free of any tests. Instead they needed to pass X amount of tasks focusing on different areas in each subject for their grades.
    Pass the first 10, you clear the course. All 30? You got your A+.

Today my class has had very standard rates of success. This other class has had overwhelming succeds with the majority of them being either highly educated already or in the process of becoming so.

I also have this tendency to rant about how our educational system barely evolved at all anf is sucking the joy out of learning - one of the inherently most enjoyable things in life.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 7

• Standardized tests are a waste of time. I prefer a system that encourages students to find their passion and strengths to excel at rather than a system about meeting a minimum requirement.

0|0
    0|0
  • There should only be 7 possible jobs out there and everyone must pick one... imagine how fast we would advance with all that man power... lol
    farming
    global defence
    science
    space exploration
    doctors
    engineers
    scientists

0|0
    0|1
  • In my country we are 50 years back in time, and we will be a 100 with the actual situation, if it's not solve the way it should.

0|0
    0|0
  • To be honest, standardize tests are way simplified. Their presence is to make sure high schoolers do not fall below the national average grade against other nations.

Im afraid this is not an evaluating system. This is testing system. Evaluating system would be SAT and ACT instead.

Yes yes they are for colleges, but rest to assure you that elite collges do have a second test that we are not aware, their own entrance tests. Therefore, SAT and ACT are technically the evaluating system for students.

I hope there would be a better system too, but, it still takes a while for old generations to love young generations with no conditions.

0|0
    0|0
  • -I don't like it
    -Probably, but I necer heard of it.

0|0
    0|0
  • yes there is see what things they love an let them learn whay jobs will be best for them

0|0
    0|0
  • Interesting 🤔

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 0

Be the first girl to share an opinion
and earn 1 more Xper point!

Recommended myTakes