What do you think about standardized tests? Is there a better system for evaluating students?

08

Most Helpful Guy

• When I was about 14 (elementary school) my best pal's love interest at the time attended a school free of any tests. Instead they needed to pass X amount of tasks focusing on different areas in each subject for their grades.
    Pass the first 10, you clear the course. All 30? You got your A+.

Today my class has had very standard rates of success. This other class has had overwhelming succeds with the majority of them being either highly educated already or in the process of becoming so.

I also have this tendency to rant about how our educational system barely evolved at all anf is sucking the joy out of learning - one of the inherently most enjoyable things in life.