Is Having a Miserable Job Worth the Money?

• Yes
  • No

24102

Most Helpful Guys

• Ask the millionaires whove killed themselves or lost their families in divorce, or work so much they dont have time to enjoy what they have...

• It would make sense if you have a conceivable goal to reach in the short or medium run, but in the long run no, trust me, money is a terrible metric for happiness/fulfilment.
    I made a good amount of money when I was living in Paris 2 years ago, worked 10 to 14h a day 6 or 7 days a week, barely saw my girlfriend at the time and was usually too tired to do anything when I managed to have a day off.

Eventually the stress and fatigue will make you spend more money, so you're basically replacing one problem with another.

Now I moved to London, have a humble 9 to 5 job that I really enjoy doing, and you know what? I'm not having dinner at the Eiffel tower twice a month, nor buying a car just cause I didn't like the colour of my current one, but I feel much much happier here, because no money can buy your freedom and peace of mind.

Most Helpful Girls

• Only if it's on a temporary basis. It may be tolerable for a short while, but eventually it would drag a person down.

It would be bad enough if it was just a part-time job , but working full-time ,5 days a week, for most of your entire life would eventually have a detrimental effect on a person's psychological state if they didn't like, or enjoy their job

• That depends on what you need the money for
    If you want it for something you just really want but don't actually need, I'd say it would be best to get another more loveable job
    If you need the money for health reasons, for a home, for college, or some other important reason, then I say the job is worth keeping.
    At least, until you've made enough money