I got into a verbal fight at work with a jealous coworker that’s been trying to bring me down since I got promoted a few weeks ago - how bad is this?

Anonymous
I thought we were friends, but I got promoted into a new job several weeks ago, which has completely changed her behavior towards me. We’d been working amicably together for 2.5 years, as receptionists, and it’s been great.. but she’s been so awful towards me lately. I know it’s jealousy, but I’m having trouble tolerating it because I have to work with her for another 3 weeks until I start the other job which is a major career move for me...
Basically, she’s been treating me like garbage. Dirty looks, condescending remarks, never saying congratulations, making the entire thing about her (saying I’m “leaving her”). The “straw that broke the camels back” happened last Friday, when she started critiquing my performance, pointing out my mistakes, bringing up times I’ve been late, telling me I’m not greeting guests as much as she is.. and she was doing it in front of anyone who happened to walk by the front desk.
I basically got really angry, and argued with her in front of people. I regret it, because I know it didn’t look good, but I couldn’t help it anymore. I’ve been putting up with this for too long, especially since I’ve got this exciting thing coming up and she’s making me feel awful.
I said to her, “what is your problem?” And also kept saying (in an arguing voice) that it’s inappropriate for her to bring this up now when I’m leaving soon, and all this stuff. But people were walking by..

how bad is It? It might be in my head but it feels like people were looking at me differently today.
1
0