Would you backstab some people in the work environment to get ahead?

Would you backstab some people in the work environment to get ahead?Would you backstab some people in the work environment to get ahead?
  • Yes
    Vote A
  • No
    Vote B
  • Yes, but not anyone I'm close to
    Vote C
Select age and gender to cast your vote:
I'm a GirlI'm a Guy
Updates:
I guess y'all wanna stay at the bottom forever (those who said no). you gotta rock the boat a little. who do you know in a history book that didn't break the rules to get ahead?
It's a competitive market not a place to mix business with pleasure.

1|2

Most Helpful Guys

• yes and i've done it before to get to a really high position. at the end of the day you are there to work not make friends, besides friendships/relationships usually end because everyone is selfish to some extent (that's why the older you get the less friends you have because people want to focus on themselves) if you are still naive enough to put emotions above work then you probably wouldn't be able to handle the higher position to make tough decisions anyway. i know this is sad but it's how the world works, if people were as such good people as you think they are then people who work at fast food restaurants would get the same respect as a high level executive in a company because they are both working for money right? no, that's not how this shitty world works.

1|0
    0|0
  • It never works.

Sure, you may get ahead in the short run, but in the long run, you'll miss out on other opportunities you would have wanted more.

Don't cheat to get ahead, it always bites you in the ass later on.

1|0
    0|0
    • Hasn't bitten me yet 😆

• You're 22, you don't even have anything to lose yet.

Wait until you do. That's when it comes back to bite you. When you can least afford it.

Most Helpful Girls

• No. Backstabbing is for losers who don't know how to get ahead based purely on talent and working hard - something they often lack. So they feel the need to drag others down to their level instead. And just as there are doors open for those who'll step on the feet and heads of others, there are doors open for those who prove their loyalty, honesty and positive work ethic. Guess whose success will last longer? It sure as hell won't be the one who managed to make a lot of enemies on their way there, because they'll have to watch their back until they retire. And the world is changing out there, being a team player is becoming more and more important and valuable over selfishly trying to tear others apart for your own personal gain.

0|0
    1|0
    • Donald Trump doesn't look like a loser to me lol. also, he has a lot of talent lol.

• Show All
    • You know nothing about trump

• I used to watch the apprentice for years when he was just another funny show host and ever since he became president, I've been more or less forced to listen to all the dumb shit he constantly pulls. I know more than I even want to know about that man. Anyway, I didn't come on this question just to talk about that cheeto, so I'm gonna peace out

• Watch the devil wears Prada. There are many examples of this, some more back stabby than others. Great movie

1|0
    0|0
    • what part? Andy never backstabbed anyone?

• Show All
    • Nooooo!! 🤣🤣I was going to watch it dammit

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 39

• In response to the first update... Bill Gates.

The best way to advance in the work place is to make yourself invaluable. Consistently proving yourself to be the most valuable employee in your department and even outside of your department means that even when it comes time to cut employees... you're still there. It doesn't take foul play to advance. One may advance through foul play, but it's not required... the alternative is simply far more difficult x3

2|1
    2|0
    • This is absolutely the truth. It's almost 10 years later, and my old boss who happens to know my aunt, still asks her if I can come back. No one is firing the person who is on time all the time, knows their job better than anyone else and can basically do everyone else's job if need be, and who forms good strong working relationships with upper/lower staff. It won't ever benefit an employer to fire that person and most would try to offer them more money in order not to leave if they were considering quitting. You don't need to back stab to get ahead, just do your job and do it well!

• Sadly the backstabbers win and the backstabbed lose, I don’t rise to it but the effect it has is deteremental to you and you won’t survive. I never revenged.

1|0
    0|0
    • Oh by the way you'll get caught by process of elimination. When you do you won’t even know until it’s too late, by then you’ve tried your best to look as guilty as possible and you’ll be a total mess of a person. I love seeing this but I move to a place where there is no hostility. Usually HR know who you are and will black list you so you’ve fucked up.

• Show All
    • The boss is over hr. you guys just do his paperwork.

• 🤦🏼‍♂️

• I haven't been in a situation like that, but I probably won't.
    Because I would hate someone doing same shit to me and also my happiness is mostly derived from. the happiness of the people I love and care for, so betraying or back stabing ain't an option for me!

1|1
    0|0
  • Even when it comes to meeting sales quotas in photography I never steal anyones thunder. I guess it's also because I don't care too much about climbing. I just think it's pretty disrespectful. Always treat others the way you want to be treated.

2|1
    0|0
  • I'd take my (fair) chance when it's there in front of me, no way stabbing would be the solution. Everyone deserves a chance and hell, maybe one day you'll even need them.. u know, the one you stabbed? Good luck with that.

1|0
    0|0
  • Do unto others as you want them to do unto you. If I feel comfortable stabbing somebody in the back for advancement at work, I'm not a good person, and I know it's going to come back on me when I least expect it. I wouldn't want that on me

1|0
    0|0
  • No... It is never good to do that. And if an organization knowingly promotes someone who stabbed someone in the back, shame on them.

1|0
    0|1
  • No, I am big into teamwork and looking out for others.

2|2
    0|0
  • I've never back stabbed anyone, and there is no promotion important enough, to make me mistreat and use another person like that.

1|0
    0|0
  • I wouldn't want to work in an environment where people stab each other in the back to get ahead. That's a toxic workplace.

0|1
    0|0
  • No, a rising tide lifts all boats. Except my enemy's boat which will have been sabotaged by the time the tide comes in.

1|0
    0|0
  • Never. but actually depends upon the situation. If he will then definitely. Tit for tat. You have to fight for what u deserve

1|0
    0|0
  • Nope i would quit my job before backstabbing a co-worker to get ahead on the job and make more money.

1|0
    0|0
  • I just play my cards really close to the vest and make sure I'm great at what I do. I don't need to back stab people.

1|0
    0|0
  • Yes I would and have because I am simply better at the job then them. And sleep with the bosses wife to keep her happy as well.

0|2
    0|0
  • I'm too proud to do that. I could never stoop to that level.

1|0
    0|0
  • Well I'm not that kind of guy but I've seen a lot do that and I've been backstabbed like that. But in today's world those people are the winners, i regret to say this but loyal ones end up losers..

0|0
    0|0
  • Nope, I know thats not who i am, so i won't be ever be able to do that

2|0
    0|0
  • I would not it always backfires. You get ahead by building conenctions not putting others down.

1|1
    0|0
  • I'd hope I wouldn't. It sounds like just a bad thing to do.

1|0
    0|0
  • More from Guys

What Girls Said 34

• Never. There’s a girl in work that does that and the whole place can’t stand her. Not even to mention she’s back stabbing people thinking she’s going to get ahead yet she never does. It’s so spiteful.

2|1
    0|0
  • If you don’t build your dream, someone will hire you to help build theirs...

1|0
    0|0
  • I wouldn’t backstab, but I wouldn’t step back from opportunities or minimise my own skills just for others to get ahead.

2|2
    0|0
  • Well, I'm kind of an evil, cold-hearted person who generally hates people (because of how people have treated me my whole life) so I would have absolutely no problem doing something like that. #fuckthem

1|0
    0|0
  • No. If I wanted to get ahead I would work for it. Good employees deserve to climb the ladder. If you need to backstab you’re to focused on everyone else and aren’t doing your job. Plus I’m not an asshole.

2|0
    0|0
  • Never. However, Online or Offline, They would Backstab me for Certain. xx

1|0
    0|0
  • No because "work" is so far down on my list of important priorities. That doesn't mean I'm not successful by the way. It just means there are other ways than clawing other people down to be successful.

0|0
    0|0
  • I don't think I could, I'm not that type of person. I understand it is a competitive market, and to get ahead sometimes you have to do things. I would rather get ahead though by hard work, then to back stab and manipulate my way there.

0|0
    0|0
  • Absolutely not. Probably why I never got promoted.

There is a lot of that where I work. It be pissin me off when I see that.

1|3
    0|0
  • Honestly yeah. You gotta do what you gotta do. It’s a dog eat dog world and I’d rather be the one eating.

1|0
    0|0
    • So you must not believe in yourself enough to not backstab someone. Wow thats pathetic.

• @ajijjj first off mind ya damn business. If I had to do I absolutely would. Just like people who fuck all the way to the top.

• No im not that kind of person. As long as im doing my part in the work environment that what matters.

1|0
    0|0
  • No because I want to work my way up and become their boss and I've noticed the best way to manage is to get your employees to like and respect you. So no I'd rather work hard to get the promotion.

0|0
    0|0
  • Yep, it’s me or them.

1|1
    0|1
  • Depends what it was, but I probably would aslong as I wasn't close to them. I don't work to make friendships, I work to make a living.

0|0
    0|1
  • I wouldn't backstab anyone, i'm not a ruthless person but i often wish i was.

0|0
    0|0
  • I don't take it as an accomplishment if I have to resort to such low tricks to get ahead.

0|0
    0|0
  • Never.

1|0
    0|0
    • There is apparently a very old saying that goes something like this :
      "Always Remain Friends With Those You Meet On Your Way Up, Because As Sure As Hell You'll Meet Them Again One Day On Your Way Down".
      Food for thought perhaps!

• Show All
    • @lumos you must be losing in life dear.

• I'm doing just fine "dear".

• Yes without hesitation.

1|1
    1|1
  • No, I am not that shallow

2|1
    0|0
  • No. I'm not that kind of person.

0|0
    0|0
  • More from Girls

Recommended myTakes