What’s the best job can I chose to protect children from violence and sexual abuse?

I wanted to be a doctor but I want to protect children that are victimes of incest, rape, violence and all the stuff. I’m 18 and I will have to chose my field on college. What do you propose me as a job? I’m serious. I’m normal but I want a job that can help me to protect them. Or maybe a part Time job. All ideas are welcomed except the trolls What’s the best job can I chose to protect children from violence and sexual abuse?

210

Most Helpful Guys

• PhD in childhood phycological helping to stop it is great but once it has already happened the cops arrest the asshole and the kid is left traumatised and very rarely gets proper treatment witch leads to addictions and more crime

• Police or social work, but really, you should be very hesitant to go into this line of work. It's traumatizing and depressing, and you'll end up thinking that child abuse is far more common than it actually is.
    I recommend you find a social worker that specializes in this, and ask them about their job if you really are interested in this field. A good place to start is your local Child Protection Services Agency (it may be different depending on your country/state/jurisdiction).

Most Helpful Girl

• Social worker and work yourself up. FBI. CPS agent.