Do you feel like you're waisting your life by going to your job everyday?

Do you feel like you're waisting your life by going to your job everyday?

1|0

Most Helpful Girl

• Wouldn't you be wasting it more if you didn't have money to pay rent or buy food and wind up homeless? Even the Bible says if a man does not work than he does not eat.

0|0
    0|0
    • Wich means that you agree that you are waisting your life just right now by going to your job everyday.

• Show All
    • Thank you for correcting. I didn't pay attention.
      The discussion ends when it's no more about points of view and it becomes personal.
      I have no time and nor energy to spend in personal attacks, though I'm oppen to discuss ideas with respect.

• Well maybe you should stop with the I want to be a bum hustling money at a freeway off ramp. The only way you may be wasting your life is by sitting on your hands and not doing anything to make your town a better place. Like helping homeless or things like Habitat for Humanity. Volunteering someplace like at a homeless shelter. That is the real waste, not doing something to help when you can.

Most Helpful Guys

• No. Going to a job every day IS life. That's what it's about. I feel sorry for people who hate working. That's like hating life itself.

Try to find a job that you like. Beyond the bare minimum you need to live, liking your job is more important than the money. If you just don't like to work, any work, then you're going to have a miserable life.

0|0
    0|0
  • I have days off so I don't exactly work every single day. I get that you dread the monotony, the dissatisfaction or perhaps burnout from your job. But money makes the world goes round unfortunately. Without any means of income it's difficult to survive, unless you wouldn't mind living in a homeless shelter or something similar. Learn how to invest and build some means of passive income or reeidual income if you don't want to spend the rest of your life working and struggling or become solely dependant upon your job to survive, because you never know what can or will happen, such as an unexpected job loss. Figure out if there is something you can do, such as a career change.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 8

• I don't have a job. I'm free as a bird, and just as poor.

0|1
    0|0
    • Happiness is the priority.
      If you're free and happy why not!

• I didn't say I'm happy. However, companies don't hire people with disabilities.

• "Free as a bird" It seemed like you were happy about it...

• Im forgetting that im about to be paid for what i do, coz how i love the thing. Though I really work a lot, I miss my job on vacations. Wish to find the same passion to everyone.

0|0
    0|0
  • Not at all. There is always room for advancement in my job.

0|0
    0|0
  • I went to school so I could enjoy the career I chose... so nope.

0|0
    0|1
  • No. I need money to travel

1|0
    0|0
    • You remind me of friend of mine. He thinks the same. :D

• If you feel this way, you’re doing the wrong job.

0|1
    0|1
  • Nope my job is geared towards my career

0|0
    0|0
  • I used to yeah, until I changed it

0|0
    0|0
    • Good for you

• Show All
    • Good luck to you too

• Thank you

What Guys Said 21

• I'm lucky. After 12 years of working, I finally have a highly fulfilling (high paying) career. Those 12 years felt like a waste quite often... But I wouldn't be where I am right now if I had stopped working and my various jobs during that time.

Luck does not come to your doorstep. If you want it to knock, you have to be in it's neighborhood and paying attention for when it's passing by.

0|0
    0|0
  • I am a creative person and my freedom/autonomy is very important to me. Luckily, my boss values me and let me do what I want (regarding the job of course). So I am having fun at work, for now. I set a goal for myself to earn a lot of money until the age of X. Until X-3(just an example), it is the 'developing phase'. After that phase, I want to work for myself.
    What I truly suffer from is having to finish my master's degree (40-50% of it is so boring and useless).

0|0
    0|0
  • I couldn't live that way. Thankfully, what I do for a career is also my passion. However, I understand that I have the privilege to enjoy that and not everyone else does.

0|0
    0|0
  • Its either that or walking around 20 miles a day, searching for roots, nuts, fruits and bugs to eat. All that while avoiding predators at the same time.

0|0
    0|0
    • Yeah and this "fact" doesn't change the fact that you are waisting your life by doing a job.

• Its survival.

• Uh, nah, since I work from home I'm fortunate enough to do what I love (I'm a musician) but it's still stressful at times. Great question though, got some really interesting answers from it lol.

0|0
    0|0
  • No I like eating and playing computer games and having a home all of those extend my lifetime significantly and require a job

0|0
    0|0
  • The 9 to 5 is a slave racket. Find a job you love and stick with it for the love of god dont get trapped.

0|0
    0|0
  • No. It is never a waste if I can make money to eat, pay bills and have some fun. I hate work but I think about the positives it brings.

0|0
    0|0
  • No. It keeps me focused. It gives me the reason to push harder.

0|0
    0|0
  • That's all jobs. It's a scam if you really think about it

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes, exactly my thought

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes. Now I waste my life on this site

0|0
    0|0
  • If that happens to you, you have the wrong job

0|0
    0|0
  • i feel like that every time

0|0
    0|0
  • Isn't everyone feeling like that?

0|0
    0|0
  • Yepss

0|0
    0|0
  • No I don't because I love my career

0|0
    0|0
  • Yeah

0|0
    0|0
  • Yeah

0|0
    0|0
  • if i work over time then its wasting

0|0
    0|0
    • You are not paid for the over time?

• Show All
    • I totally agree, this is the law of life, make others work for you (enslave) or work for somone (be a slave).

• man ur questions r Amazing can i follow you or can u follow me

• My job is studying and I do think I am wasting my life doing it as I don't like it

0|0
    0|0
    • Well you don't have the choice. You live in a modern life where success depends on your education.
      My advice to make the most of the spent time on education is to focus on what you really need to learn to acheive whatever you want later.

• Thank you!!

• You're welcome

Recommended myTakes