Which Gemanic language would you prefer to learn, and why?

• German
  • Dutch
  • Danish
    Vote C
  • Norwegian
    Vote D
  • Swedish
    Vote E
  • Icelandic
    Vote F

617

Most Helpful Girls

• mein Gott, nur Deutsch. Es ist die einzige germanische Sprache, die ich fast sprechen kann :)

• ayyee ich auch 😃

• Yeah, it's probably the "easiest" to learn when you factor in prounuciation and the availability of materials.

• @logorithm for most people who don't speak german, they struggle most with pronunciation bc most of it deals with gutteral throat sounds that, if aren't developed at a young age with, say, speaking another language, usually can't be spoken well or at all well into adulthood.

Most Helpful Guys

• Swedish because I already speak it as my native language lol. Anyone voting Danish are in for a hell ride.

• And I can understand Norwegian (bokmÃ¥l) so no reason to learn it. I have Norwegian cousins so... Although nynorsk is another thing...

• I included words that are still used today😢

• Okay, weirdo, joke's aside, the Duden estimates about half a million "basic words" - no inflections, no uncommon compound nouns. However, it also knows that this number isn't a fair estimate because, say "Gärtnerfamilie" (a family who does gardening) will not be included, despite being a legitimate word that is being used in German.