What are your opinions on people who want to drop out of highschool?

Should teens have a right to choose what they learn in school or when they go? Or if they drop out and find other means of learning something safely and it being tailored to them individually? Would it be acceptable?

0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 9

• At least in the United States, you need a high school diploma to do pretty much anything. If you drop out and get a GED or the equivalent, then you might be okay although these days that is losing its value as well.

0|0
    0|0
  • It would be upbto the individual. But due to the importance for our society and the ability to function in it, is a reason for it being so important.

0|0
    0|0
  • Bad choice. You should at least graduate highschool... at least that.

0|0
    0|0
  • They "must" continue in any way. It is very important, even if the school is problem, there should be another one.

0|0
    0|0
    • 5d

What do you mean?

• Show All
    • 5d

They shouldn't have to complete it in 4 years or be held back or prove that they deserve a diploma with tests on what they learned just to forget it.

• 5d

Well you are not sitting on a chair and counting the sheeps while doing it. In my college, I am learning new things about every lecture. If they put lessons in summer even, it would be shorter but who would know that? There is balance and sense for everything. I must admit there are some lectures that I feel I would still be fine if I never learned them, but what is the percentage of these lessons?

5% maybe?

• Well in my country that means you won't really have a future maybe a fast food chain will take you but even then they'd rather hire people who didn't drop out of high school.

0|0
    0|0
    • 5d

ok my question isn't saying that the person never completed high school it's implying that they dropped out so they can work at their own pace and make in easier on them.

• Show All
    • 5d

I wanna work on*

• 5d

there's a plan. to me i wanna be an activist as i see a lot of messed up hell but i don't stick to plans since they constantly change over time.

• Survival comes first, but only if you can tell the difference between survival and extremely hard work. After survival comes ensuring future survival, and because we live in capitalism, the best way to ensure future survival is planning/actions now to ensure capital later. As having a HS/GED diploma is necessary for above-minimum wage paying employment it is only logical to assume that apart from actually being necessary for survival, dropping out of high-school would only doom your future to failure.

0|0
    0|0
  • You're only 14. I still don't know what I want to do so I'd guess that you also don't.

0|0
    0|0
    • 5d

I know what I want to do
      I want to be an activist, to help others see their potential to make things better in society like the school system.

• Show All
    • 5d

good luck with that.

• 5d

• In Finland you can stop after Primary School. It's the same as stopping after Junior High in the States.

0|0
    0|0
  • You'll pretty much have no future

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 5

• I don’t think it’s generally a great idea. Of course there are some highly successful people that dropped out of high school but they’re successful because they had the drive to continue to better themselves and overcome many obstacles. Most people don’t have this drive and they drop out thinking that taking another route will be easy.

0|0
    0|0
  • It`s almost in every situation a bad idea because very few teenagers know what they want. They are immature and naive. Give it a few years guys and try again hahaha

0|0
    0|0
    • 5d

Have you ever thought their immature nature is a way for them to release ideas? This generation is incredibly smart. They pick up things fast.

• Show All
    • 5d

By us being left at home by ourselves and having to care for ourselves and having to manage our school life. Sure we get lots of help and support.

• 5d

That's not what the majority of teenagers experience.

• You need a high school diploma to get a mediocre job.

0|1
    0|0
  • In high school I had a terrible time. I wanted to drop out but I knew my future would be at stake. Instead of dropping out, I figured out that there is an alternative way to continue high school and get my diploma. I entered an independent study program and I met a teacher privately once a week and they gave taught me then gave me work to do throughout the week and I enjoyed this much more than actually going to a public school everyday.

I think that people who want to completely dropout are lazy and obviously don’t care about their future. Sometimes you just have to push through it because life is not easy.

0|0
    0|0
  • Very bad idea

0|1
    0|0
    • 5d

Why? School is supposed expand our knowledge but learning the same stuff everyday, every year in every generation isn't achieving that. I'm not saying school isn't important though.

• Show All
    • 5d

good for you.

• 5d

If you want to follow me, I will give you the names of a couple good colleges.

Recommended myTakes