Does this look good on my resume?

I have an interview on Thursday to be a creative arts director and I am only 23 years old. Does being a director of a program look good on your resume for future employers?

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• It's not the program directing that's important; it's the people directing. How many people have you managed? How many direct reports? For how long? What size budget have you been accountable for?
    An employer won't be so concerned with your title as they are with your experience

0|0
    0|0
    • I have taught so I know how to manage people and run programs as I did when I ran a preschool section but it was stressful but the place had high turnover. From what I did read it seemed they pay a bit low but its not something I wanna do with my life however in the field I want to work in. I would be overseeing an education department :)

• Leave out the stressful part. The rest is good.
      Good Luck!

Most Helpful Girl

• Yeah anything looks good on a resume especially computer stuff

0|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 5

• Absolutely, why would you think it would not? Your applying for a director position and your listing yourself as having relevant experience as a director. Might be apples/oranges comparison, but I'm sure supervision of a group is a commonality.

0|0
    0|0
    • Well here is the thing the position is far from my house but I am not sure if it will pay well. Regardless should I take this because of the title for now to be able to do something else in a director related position?

• Show All
    • Depends upon how confident you are that you'll get a comparable job sometime in the near future.

• hmmm well the thing is I have to complete hours for my program outside of graduating and I am doing that right now, looking for a place to do that. I also have to take a test for my license. I was told the quickest way to get it done was work at a nursing home then once you complete the hours/license you can work wherever. But my concern is with this director position I may not get a lot of that will be stuck there for a long time. VS if I just spend a year at a nursing hom. Does that make sense? So if you were me would you just wait until later to find a director position once you had the license?

• Yes. You need to be able to handle tasks on your own.

0|0
    0|0
  • This is a silly question. :)! I guess it is one way to brag though. Hahaha:)!

0|0
    0|0
    • No no I asked because I was not sure if it was good to take because I think the pay may be low... my goal is to work as an art director/director of education at some point so I was wondering that haha! Should I take it regardless of pay?

• You probably aren't going to find a high paying job out of school and in this job market. So I would take it and get the experience. When you are ready look for something better when it is available.

• Yes it does.

0|0
    0|0
    • Well here is the thing the position is far from my house but I am not sure if it will pay well. Regardless should I take this because of the title for now to be able to do something else in a director related position?

• Show All
    • Asker: It again, depends on your goals. But most likely, it's worth the drive. But that's foour hours a day, can you handle that?

• well my goal is to work in an art related setting as an art director but also work in an educational setting and since this is "creative arts director" I feel like it would look good but the commute will be four hours in total... 2 hours it will take me to get there and 2 hours to get home... u think that is worth it?

• Age does not matter, talent and command matters 😊

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 0

The only opinion from girls was selected the Most Helpful Opinion, but you can still contribute by sharing an opinion!

Recommended myTakes