For any job interview, is wearing a suit more likely to help you get the job? or should I wear casual stylish clothes?

I need opinions

0|0

Most Helpful Girls

Most Helpful Guys

• It does depend on the job and what you mean by smart casual - I would have a line like say what would you wear to a wedding - If in any doubt go suit.

0|0
    0|0
  • If clothing is the major quality of me, rather than qualification - I would not even turn up for the interview.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 2

• Suit is always better and shows you're putting effort in and are really interested in the job and it can separate you from the pack of others interviewing.

0|0
    0|0
  • It depends on the job. I wouldn't suggest a suit for a construction laborer's job.

0|0
    0|0

What Guys Said 8

• Don't wear casual clothes as that may signal disrespect. Dress up the most formal you would imagine your new job would require on a day. Remember they will be hiring you to represent their company moving forward and will want to be proud of how you look.

0|0
    0|0
  • Button up, a tie, slacks, and dress shoes are always a must my man, if you are going for a business type job then you add the jacket and rock the suit. No jewelry showing besides a watch and a wedding ring if you have it so no be rings, no chains, rosaries go under your shirt and stuff

0|0
    0|0
  • Suit/tie and dress shoes. Shows your prospective employer that you're taking the situation seriously. Every time. At the VERY LEAST, a nice button-down and a tie, with dress shoes. And khakis.

0|0
    0|0
  • Dress for the job, is what I was always told. If your going into a business setting where business attire, anything else I always went with like a polo and khakis

0|0
    0|0
  • If you go crusading try some chainmail armor, if you are going to become a barman dress like one, if you are going to be a business guy then dress appropriately.

0|0
    0|0
  • whats the job? most cases a suit would be better but if its like on a factory floor or in a garage thats different

0|0
    0|0
  • Suit for professional jobs only thing I know about.

0|0
    0|0
  • Smart casual

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes