Maywood teacher arrested for striking student. Do you agree with his arrest and dismissal?

Being PC and all, of course I think this man deserved to be arrested and deserves not to have a teaching job for the rest of his life. I know teachers who deal with threats and physical abuse all the Without a doubt, the student is wrong. But he is just a kid. After he hits the teacher with basketball, it is time to leave and go get security. Why on earth this teacher thought it was okay to get into a fist fight with a student is beyond me. If he hit the teacher and called him the n-word, then the teacher should have just called security and got the police involved. The only thing that can happen in a physical altercation is that someone could get hurt for real.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/marston-riley-maywood-academy-high-school-los-angeles-teacher-arrested-punching-student/
  • Yes
    Vote A
  • No
    Vote B
Select age and gender to cast your vote:
I'm a GirlI'm a Guy
Updates:
6d
Uhm. . . reasons? Why would anyone disagree with his arrest? I know there are students who have been physically assaulted in school and no one has been arrest. I haven't changed my views. Assaulting students is wrong in any situation. And when security/police are involved, they should only use the necessary force to take the student into custody.

Just in case that was not clear.
5d
Okay. New information. But it still does not change my view. Apparently this teacher had been attacked a couple of years earlier.

"We all may have mixed feelings about what happened. But please do know that this is not the first time that Mr. Riley is attacked; physically or verbally. He is a great person and a great teacher."

And apparently, this was planned out at least from one student's perspective.

1|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 42

• No that's what these disrespectful ass kids need today, a good ole fashion ass whooping but because people are so political correct and think everything is abuse these days, little punks like him think they can rule shit. He obviously trying to get rise out of the teacher and show off to his little friends by acting like a grown man well he got those hands like a grown man. These new age parents think if you act like your kids best friend instead their parent, then it work out for the better.

No, that shit does not work on ever kid, some kids see it as a weakness and way to manipulate their parents. I went to school with kids like him, one of my friends in middle school yelled at her mother in front other kids telling her own mother don't you dare talk to me that way as if she was the adult/parent. In high school there was kid literally beating the shit out of his own mother and then one of my class mates bragged about how she punched her mother in the face one time during an argument.

A lot of these Kids just have it way to easy today, they know how to manipulate their parents, they know how to manipulate the system in their favor cause society has coddle them and fed into their brains that if they don't get their way they can yell abuse at any moment.

And no it's not always the parents fault, kids act a certain way when they are home and they act a certain way when they are at school and around friends. We know this cause we've all done to at one point.

5|3
    0|2
    • 5d

I ageee the kid is disrespectful. I still do not understand what fighting him accomplishes. In fact, I think he gave the kid what he wanted. A YouTube video. They were obviously prepared for this. The teacher could have made a better choice.

• Another thing I don't get is that everyone knows in this day and age that as soon as an unusual situation arises, there's at least someone filming it. Why would that teacher be so dumb?

Anyway, the teacher was in the wrong and consequences are justified. That being said, there should be consequences for the student as well.

4|3
    0|0
  • So the teacher got fired. What happened to the punk kid who obviously had no respect for authority and wouldn't obey an order from the teacher to leave the classroom? Does he just go his merry way to maybe get another teacher fired for his tally? I think he should have been expelled, or at least suspended.

2|4
    0|0
  • Teachers are people too. They have a right to defend themselves. If he went and got the cops and they roughed the kid up you'd be bitching about that too. There is no pleasing neutered men like you. Please just shut up.

5|2
    1|1
    • 5d

You want me to shut up?

• Show All
    • 4d

I didn't do anything of the sort. But this is the assessment of an immature mind. That boy deserves whatever punishment is coming to him, expulsion, charges of assault, etc.

But that teacher did not have to give in to him. Hence, his own arrest and firing.

That's how the world works for most of us. You will be held accountable for your actions. And no excuse of "I am only 21", "he hit me first", etc. is going to change that.

The moment that kid through the basketball, the teacher should have sought out security and had him removed from the premises.

• 3d

Walking away and getting security would have been an act of charity on the teacher's part. If he opted to handle it that way, fine. That's his choice. But someone who threatens, verbally degrades and physically assaults you is not entitled to benevolence of pacifism on your part. You are well within your rights to punch them in the face. When you initiate physical violence you forfeit your right to play the victim when a 65 year old man kicks your ass in response. I think that's perfectly reasonable.

• It's not that I can't understand why this happened, but teachers just cannot hit students. It can't be permitted.

3|4
    3|0
    • 5d

Thank you Cake!

• 5d

So according to your logic, students are permitted to hit the teachers while the teachers just need to stand there as a punching bag? I hope you don't give birth. You will be raising a monster.

• 5d

@desidoll No one said such a thing. That student deserves punishment. But that teacher should have left the room and called security. I am quite certain they could have taken down this little troublemaker.

• Whenever someone says "they're only a kid", well he's close enough to being an adult. It doesn't mean they're angels and that they'll be better human beings once they're 18. I don't agree with him hitting that jerk, he should have just sent a trustworthy student to get help. I don't think he should be in jail, but instead be fined and not be able to teach anymore.

1|2
    0|0
  • It sucks that many teachers have to deal with little sh*theads like this little boy.
    It sucks that the teacher didn't have self control around this punk.
    The only thing I can say is that I hope his parents give him an ass beating. Maybe then he'll learn not to disrespect people.

7|2
    1|1
    • 5d

Generally when the kids are like that their parents are in jail or drug addicts. The kid probably lives with his grandmother and has a train wreck of a life.

• Honestly it’s the kids that chase teachers away and that’s why our education system sucks ass. I wouldn’t mind if all teachers quit and never taught again, I never got home schooled but my sister did and she loved it. It actually is very good for kids, especially because the parents can discipline them properly, spanking and whatnot.

0|3
    0|0
    • 3d

Well, that is the failure of our education system. We need better solutions. But we as a society, just can't seem to come up with any.

• That kid needed an ass whooping, I'm glad the teacher gave him one.

5|3
    4|3
    • 5d

Totally disagree with that. Another kid would have put that teacher on silly street. And at 64 years of age, he could have been seriously hurt.

• 5d

You thinking that beeting your children soves the problem is the reason they're are so many school shooters.

• 5d

@The_FallenOne sweety not even one school SHOOTER reported has been abused, all of them were just pathetic wimps. I got beat growing up by my momma and I would never ever EVER think to do anything like what they did so you're wrong. NEXT.

• Kid should be suspended, what a douche. But yes, that teacher's behavior was completely unacceptable. An arrest is definitely warranted.

3|3
    1|1
  • The kid was being a punk but the teacher crossed the line. I got groped last year (by a second grader) and I exhausted every bit of willpower that I had not to strike him. Nothing was done because of his age.

1|3
    0|0
    • 4d

Either your age is fake or you got held back quite a long time

• Show All
    • 3d

What happened to him?

• 3d

I’m not sure but CPS investigated.

• Age is just a number but laws are laws and they beat the odds. That kid deserved a hard felt lesson. Teachers shouldn’t hit but then again that CHILD had zero respect

1|1
    0|0
    • 3d

I agree the kid has to be punished.

But the teacher can't do that by getting into a fistfight.

And since he has shown that he can be triggered, all the kids will do is try it again.

• Oh heck nah😂😂 that skinny behind boy talking all that trash and got his behind beat. He put that on himself. But if i was that teacher, I wouldn't have hit him back. If anything i would've waited for him to even try to hit me so people can say it was self defense.
    But its true that the people that talk the most usually ain't even about it.
    "real G's move in silence like lasagna" 😂😂😂😂

2|0
    1|1
    • 4d

? The boy hit him with the basketball. I guess you did not see that.

And still, he was wrong for getting into a fight. That was stupid.

• Show All
    • 4d

Well, someone did get mad. He was arrest and is out on bail. Now he is awaiting trial and he has lost his job.

All he had to do was just back out and get security.

• 4d

You are right. That's the right thing to do. The world isn't over. He can get another job. It may be hard but its still possible.
      Everything happens for a reason and that kids got beat for a reason. Maybe he learned his lesson and won't try to square up with anymore teachers like he did with that one. If his parents dont wanna set him straight, I just think that teacher was doing them a favor😂😂

• A teacher is supposed to show restraint and maturity. No one should ever feel entitled to dish out any form of physical punishment or abuse over another human being, it just isn’t helpful. The correct thing to do is to get authorities involved if it escalated or send the kid to boot camp/principles office, etc. The kid need help... not another adult lacking the maturity to “put a kid in his place”... just so many forms of disrespect on both sides. In that moment both of them hated themselves and their lives lol it happens! No one is perfect

2|3
    2|2
    • 4d

You literally know nothing of the teaching field... There are so many damn laws that protect the kids that leave teachers at the mercy of them.

I can tell you that every child I sent to the principal's office for calling me a bitch or leaving the room without permission or get up in my face because they didn't like me was always sent back to my classroom, every single time.

Luckily I work in a new district now where students do not behave that way. But what this man experienced happens a lot.

The kid did not need 'help'. That's coddling him. Even though I do not think the teacher was right for hitting him, I will say that kid got what he deserved: A life lesson on why you shouldn't be a dick.

• Show All
    • 3d

We actually don’t. I hated my first teaching experience to the point where I was going to leave the profession. It wasn’t because I didn’t want to teach but you can only being called a stupid butch and having things thrown at you and parents threatening to come and beat your ass so much. A lot of my teacher friends experienced it. You shouldn’t have to feel like you’re in danger at work. Luckily I found my current district and I’m no longer experiencing these things from students and parents who obviously weren’t raised correctly.

Oh, and I’m not blinded. And you don’t appreciate the comment or else you wouldn’t have made that sassy ass comment about me being ‘blinded by rage’ just because I pointed out something that is factual.

• 2d

✌🏻👍🏻👌🏻

• Until you've been provoked and antagonized that way, you ain't gonna understand. That little piece of shit spit on that man, threw a ball at him, and berated him. He's lucky that teacher didn't put his little ass through a wall. Pendejo.

10|4
    0|0
  • To all those who say that he should have punished the boy, there are others way to do it smart birds.
    He is a teacher, not a wrestler.
    He doesn’t have the right to do what he did.

0|2
    0|2
    • 4d

Over half the people are not trying to hear it. They think high school has become the WWE or something.

Weird.

• 4d

Well that’s not surprising, half of them grew up without manners neither respect. They even got hotter by their parents regularly so what did you expect?

• If I was in that classroom, I would have stood and watched. The kid deserved it. Words don't always work especially not on this kid since he was already up in the teacher's face.
    Should this happen? No. Was it right? No. Did it feel satisfying to watch that punk get beat by the teacher though? Hell yes. How's that kid being raised anyway

4|1
    0|0
  • The kid deserved it all. I regret he didn’t punch him more. They have zero respect for teacher nowadays

5|4
    0|0
  • Teachers and adults in general should never physically harm minors for any reason whatsoever. Kids are mean little shits but they're just kids and it's the job of the adult to stay composed and professional to set the correct example for them especially if you're an educator. You shouldn't be working with minors if you cannot control your temper around them.

1|1
    0|0
  • I'm not PC at all, and I agree with you. Defending oneself is one thing, this wasn't merely self defense. We can't have teachers beating up students. There are policies in place for dealing with kids that don't follow the rules.

1|1
    0|0
    • 6d

I was being sarcastic about the PC thing.

What is PC in this situation? There are plenty of situations where students are beaten and no one even cares.

Anyway, I totally agree with his arrest and firing. He needs to be the adult. Just call security/police and let them handle it.

• Show more from Girls

What Guys Said 91

• Student touched him first.

Remember the days when students were paddled and their hands swatted...

Now we let 65 y/o teachers get verbally abused and pushed around by brats.

Kid should be in juvi, but instead everyone's gonna go "poor baby!" and he's going to continue on with his life and not learn anything. One day he's gonna do that to the wrong person and they're gonna put him in the ground.

1|1
    0|1
    • 5d

True. But how can a 64 year old man resolve this with his fists?

• Show All
    • 5d

Maybe you don't have it... but a lot of men have a fight or flight response to aggression that triggers adrenaline and whatnot... Kid's lucky it was a 64 year old man and not some ex-boxer young student teacher. I know if it was me the brat would've been lucky to keep all his teeth and to be able to see out both eyes. Look at the old man, he doesn't know what he's doing flailing those fists like he just found out they were on the end of his arms.

I'll acknowledge pounding the kid wasn't the best course of action, but I'll still take his side. A 14 year old undermining him in front of the whole class, waiting for security to finally get there as the students have their phones trained on that spectacle... What could have been going through his head during that? At some point your heart rate increases, adrenaline hits the bloodstream, you think to yourself "I don't deserve this treatment, it needs to stop, and I need to show people why they can't do this to me."

• 5d

Oh, I would not have waited. I would have gotten security and came back with them. And that would have been that.

And think about this. He could have had health problems. A fight with a kid could have resulted in a stroke or a heart attack. It could have been an old woman who had a disability. What is the solve then? Teach them all karate?

It makes no sense. That's why schools have procedures. Let the system do its job. If it doesn't work, then change the system. And if that doesn't happen, find another job.

• i think the student is a disrespectful piece of crap but the teacher could've resolved this without violence which is what needs to be the course of action until ALL other avenues have been exercised.

he could've simply walked out of the class. he could've called school security, the principal, etc. he absolutely should not resort to hitting the student

0|1
    0|0
  • The kid should be expelled for talking like that, no question. As for the teacher, I think it was pretty understandable what he did, but not ideal. He should get some light punishment, but arrest and firing? Ridiculous. That kid deserved a beating. You have to remember that kids and teachers are not on the same level. When you're in the classroom you show respect and deference, even to a crappy teacher.

1|0
    0|0
    • 5d

Hey, I agree that student needs to be disciplined. But we don't "beat" students in this society. They are supposed to be punished. Expel him. Refer him to alternate schooling. What does getting into a fight do?

• Show All
    • 4d

1) I said I "was" which infers I'm not anymore.
      2) I never said a word about pay.

I'm just giving you the reality of how things currently function. If you don't want to understand reality then stick your head back under your rock.

• 4d

@BeMuse Likewise, I am sure.

No one is forcing teachers to be teachers.

Just find another job and live your life.

• This same teacher was ganged up on by kids and beat up a few years back. At that time he followed your advice but it did not help him stay out of the hospital. I bet you have never been jumped/mugged/raped/stabbed. Teachers need to maintain control/authority or it encourages more bad stuff to happen.

I have zero problem with the teacher defending himself and giving the punk a life lesson.

0|2
    0|0
    • 5d

I don't know about that incident. Do you have a link or something I can look at?

• Show All
    • 5d

Oh wow if this is true then I don’t blame the teacher for losing control.

• 5d

Where I went to school, kids with serious tudes just got expelled. Think they got 2-3 chances and then the boot. This weed out process started in kindergarten. So by the time you got to 4th grade seeing even one disruptive student would be like winning the lotto. Teachers had free reign to deal with any student dumb enough to curse out a teacher. Only know one student who did. Same kid started being a jerk to other students... when he cursed the teacher his arm was broken by the teacher faster than you can say 911. His parents apologized to the teacher & that kid was sweet as pie to everyone after that. Like a completely different person.

• The law/school should be more lenient on the teacher.
    The student should be jailed for assault.
    You have to respect others and that student has absolutely no respect at all.
    Fighting the student is wrong but it was provoked.
    I don't think they should have arrested the teacher just sanctioned them.

1|1
    0|0
    • 5d

Perhaps more lenient. But the teacher still deserves to be punished. Maybe in the end he will get a fine. But he deserves to lose his job. Teaching is not his profession.

• 5d

I know the law doesn't see it this way but personally if there is a considerable amount of provoking , the one provoking should expect the provoked to retaliate.
      At least provoking should be considered worse than a minor annoyance.

• 5d

That was more than a retaliation. He resorted to beating the kid with his phone. And furthermore he irresponsibly endangered his own life as well as the child’s.

• That teacher was definitely put on the spot, but it's never ok for you to give a kid like that attention. You can see he didn't even learn from getting his ass beat, that he immediately played the victim card as soon as security came in.

If you're a grown ass man you better act like one and pick your battles.

2|1
    0|0
    • 6d

Well, I see where you are coming from. The kid is definitely in the wrong. I understand that. I just expect more from adults.

Thanks for chiming in.

• 6d

Oh I'm saying the adult is in the wrong. The kid is obviously stupid, and that's why you don't even try at that point.

• 5d

Ah!

Got it!

• I didn't see the video from start, I've only seen the actual fight, so I can only raise two scenarios. (down below)
    Mind you, I live in a country where student abuse is highly likely believe it or not and teachers... well not sure if they get the protection they need.

Disruptive behaviour means you get the hell out of the class, no matter who you are, no matter your colour or the teacher's colour.
    Of course the "student", some might argue was just a teen, but fuck me, I would have never dared to raise my voice to my teachers, as my mom would have dismembered me at home.

Again, disruptive behaviour, ejection out of the class. I assume that student refused to leave. Details so far, do not even matter to be honest.

From this part, there are two scenarios:
    1. students taunt teacher and calls him n**, then that's not enough for the teacher to start a fist fight. In that case I agree with the repercussions on the teacher.
    2. student taunts teacher to the point of getting physical or even assaulting teacher. in that case expect a response of the same nature as, the situation turned to a self-defense situation, where same rules apply as anywhere else (mall, street, apartment, club, venue): defend.

I live in the country where one guy was sleeping, two others break into his house in the middle of the night. Sleeping guy reaches cabinet next to bed and pulls a knife, killing the two that tackled him in the dark.
    He was charged for killing as "he used unjustified force".
    Should have given them pillows to make sure those two don't scratch their knees while trying to kill him in the dark.

0|0
    0|0
    • 5d

Yeah, I don't know what the incident about the guy killing two robbers has to do with my question.

But the kid hits the teacher first with a basketball. The calls him a bunch of racial slurs. At that point, the teacher should have left and gotten security and had him removed. But he doesn't do that. He chooses to escalate with a kid.

That is simply silly. He does not deserve that job if he cannot handle the pressure.

• 5d

has to do with "self-defense", how it's treated and how this is a very gray-ish area. the fact that people looking at the same situation, might get different opinions on what is bad and what is good, what the authorities think, what is acceptable or not, so on.

Which links to your situation, where people look at the same situation and see different things.
      Fact that this took place in a school, doesn't change its dynamics.
      a citizen was attacked by another and reacted.
      now it's up for the judges to decide what's to be done and, in my opinion, they either both get punished or neither.

• 5d

Well, I understand your point now. But I disagree. The teacher clearly had a chance to disengage and find security.

• No, here's why. Before anyone gets offended, all of us are animals. some of us have more animal traits and some of us have more human behavior traits. So don't CHOOSE to get triggered.

In some species of animals such as a cat, they will do a stare down and refuse to walk away. This is the marking of territory, this kid was marking the classroom as his alpha hoped territory in an effort to establish his dominance. Take two dogs and put them in a ring, they'll fight. Some animals have very strong genetics for establishing who is the alpha because once you know who is the alpa and who is the beta all the chaos stops and everyone's happy.

Anytime you have someone standing there quietly refusing to go, talk or move they're always going to strike. Use the side of your foot and kick through their knee and render them incapacitated.

Genetics defines the reasons this teacher had to strike. In that culture when someone stands there quietly they've 1) Determined they're not going to be seen backing down by others. 2) they're going to strike and sucker punch the moment they get a chance. 3) an authority figure is always going to be a target because it makes the lower beta appear to have conquered the alpha.

When you have a breed of humans with these characteristics ingrained in their culture you will always have these situations.

REAL HUMANS follow directions. i. e. go sit down, don't get in arguments with the teachers, don't act like being disrespected is a reason to come to blows.

The teacher proved he could only handle this for as long as possible and the kid was refusing to back down or walk away. The teacher proved he has more human like than animal like characteristics.

1|0
    1|0
  • That "kid" was a punk. Close enough to an adult that if he can dish it out, he should be able to take it like a man and not whine like a coward.

The teacher acted in self-defense. If the student weren't also arrested for inciting the fight, then injustice was served.

Teachers should be allowed to hit no-account thugs. What's really despicable, is that the pea brain other students didn't grab that asshole and beat him to an ever-loving bloody pulp FOR the teacher, so that the teacher didn't have to do a thing!

Heck, I remember what 4th grade was like! My classroom then was a bunch of savages, and even they knew that if a brat did something like this to assault the teacher first, he got what was coming to him! Unless someone lost an eye or something, you could bet the police wouldn't be involved either! You'd have to suck it up, buttercup! It's life! You get what you give!

If I were the cops, I would've given this teacher a high five, right in front of the punk, then told the punk what a two-bit thug he was TO HIS FACE! "Kids" need to hear it!

Or else, they become worthless two-bit thugs their whole lives. And when the law finally comes to give them theirs, they cry like babies and think "the system" is at fault! No, dumbass, it was you the entire time!

0|0
    0|1
    • 5d

Okay, so the teacher went a bit far by continuing the fight AFTER the student backed off. Still... if the student weren't also arrested, justice wasn't served.

They were both acting like street punks.

• Kid or not that kid did commit a violent crime he assaulted the teacher and he lost his temper and it got out of hand I say if the teacher is in trouble the student should also be

0|1
    0|0
  • Unfortunately, i think its correct for him to be dismissedvand arrested. The provocation is clear, and no doubt there's more background to this.
    But he's a professional. He should have dealt with it better. There should have been better support from the school.

0|1
    0|0
  • Of course. If this teacher was "white" he would be receiving death threats instead of donations to his GoFundMe page.

I believe there should be a no-tolerance policy for violent students. If you start a fight in school you should be expelled and nobody should have to deal with your violent behavior.

0|0
    2|0
    • 4d

That makes absolute nonsense.

But thanks for posting.

• Show All
    • 4d

You make no sense because his race literally has zero to do with this. Had the teacher been white, he still would've been justified in whooping this little gremlins ass.

• 3d

If it had nothing to do with his race then why in the happy he’ll was the kid throwing around racist comments? 🙄

• The student seemed like he would cause problems for others and the teacher just happened to be the first person to snap. The teacher acted inappropriately but shouldn't be fired maybe on leave or suspended.

0|1
    0|0
  • I was gonna say it was 100% not okay to hit the kid at first. I wouldn't feel that way IF the boy physically started the fight. Watching it again though, I feel like the boy effectively kind of did start the fight by throwing the basketball at him will being in his face. It's a grey area. While being insulted, cursed at, and disrespected like that for a couple minutes while being in his face, I can see why his trigger to react was lessened to the feeling of the hard basketball hitting him.

I think the guy wanted to restrain himself. He went through a lot though. Regardless of all of this, I think the kid deserved everything he got and I would have liked to see him get laid out. He was totally a punk ass I'd think you would agree.

The kid was the much bigger asshole here, just being a year or three older (being an adult) we are held to higher standards, especially when being a professional at a workplace. The guy is still human though. He's designed to defend himself and that is what his brain was screaming at him to do.

I'd fire the guy from the school possibly, but wouldn't take away his teachers license. If the attack was unprovoked, then I would totally agree with you.

I give the guy a lot of respect for dealing with what he did. I don't think he's the best at thwarting assholes like that kid which the kid picked up on of course. I would have made that kid sit down or he'd be out of the class.

0|0
    0|0
  • Looks like he had a mental breakdown which is getting more and more common among teachers. He should be sent on six months paid sick leave and the school should review what they can do to help teachers to avoid this from happening again.
    If pushed everyone has a breaking point and this teacher reached his. I went to a rough school growing up and we had a very high turn over of teachers most who just quit or snapped from the unreasonable work conditions they were forced to endure. Unruly disruptive and violent kids would be expelled or removed from class only for the school board to reverse the principles decision. A lot of the issues were with the parents too. It would be interesting to know the background of the school and student leading up to the event.

3|0
    0|1
    • 6d

If he can't handle the heat, he should leave the kitchen. I know being a teacher is a rough job. But no one has time to pay for counseling for him. Find another job. Case closed.

As for other instructors, why stay at a school if you are stressed out, over qualified, and feel unsafe at your place of work?

• Show All
    • 5d

I'm not saying that violence was a solution, just that the man clearly snapped. As for the workplace his employer is at fault.

• 5d

Yeah, I don't get that second part. I have had guys quit, but mostly because I couldn't pay them more. But the guys I have fired, I am sure at some of them would say I was abusive. I don't really care.

• i don't think the idiots on here know the difference between being arrested and convicted. you get arrested of assault. in almost all circumstances, you'll be arrested for assaulting someone regardless of who started it. whether or not you're convicted of assault is a different story.

1|1
    0|1
  • This should be treated like every other case of self-defense in the country- the teacher has the right to defend himself appropriately, but will without a doubt be taken in for questioning and potentially criminal charges if an investigation proves that it was not in fact self defense.

We need to STOP telling people to not react and go find security. This is how we have created a society of pathetic victims, and a target-rich environment for bullies and criminals.

0|0
    0|0
  • 'Hes just a kid' is a shitty justification.

In some areas. Teachers get threatened with knives or ambushed on their way home from work. Intimidated. Insulted and slandered. I Honestly dont know how they stay professional in those situations.
    These kids are often taller and stronger than the teachers themselves. At that age they're close enough to being adults themselves. Yes they're not mature but that doesn't somehow magically excuse their behaviour or absolve them of all consequences.

Assault is assault. I agree teachers have a responsibility to act professionally and not get sucked into tit for tat. They should call the police, security etc... when needed. And that guy should have called the police If his life wasn't in danger.

But that doesn't work on Some people. They're not scared of the cops, a day in a cell or a small stint in juvie isn't even that bad for them.
    And it would only come to that If the teacher actually got stabbed. Mostly they dont actually get punished at all because the crimes aren't 'severe' enough. So they just keep going until it does or their life changes somehow.

This is really the same mechanic as bullying. Appeals to authority rarely work, especially When The authority is so weak.

I personally would not be suited for a job like that.

0|0
    0|0
  • Technically, the student committed assault when he threw the ball at the teacher. It didn't appear to cause injury, but it was still done in an aggressive, aggravated manner, and likely with intent to cause harm which is sufficient for an assault charge. He likely only got off easy because he's a minor.

That said, when the teacher struck the student, it was not necessary for self defense, and it exceeded the "equal force" he is permitted to use by law, and thus would be classed as retaliatory, resulting in a second instance of assault. Not to mention that the teacher did not at any time attempt to flee or disengage.

Personally, I think they both should've been charged with assault. The student shouldn't receive as harsh of a sentence as the teacher because again, he's a minor--but he should still be held accountable for initiating.

1|1
    0|0
  • I can't believe this kid thought he could give the band teacher shit. Everybody knows the BAND teacher is the one guy, even more than the football coach, that you DON'T fuck with.

Band teachers will fuck your whole world up, and back in my day, EVERY kid in school knew that.

1|0
    0|1
  • Show more from Guys

Recommended myTakes