Maywood teacher arrested for striking student. Do you agree with his arrest and dismissal?

Being PC and all, of course I think this man deserved to be arrested and deserves not to have a teaching job for the rest of his life. I know teachers who deal with threats and physical abuse all the Without a doubt, the student is wrong. But he is just a kid. After he hits the teacher with basketball, it is time to leave and go get security. Why on earth this teacher thought it was okay to get into a fist fight with a student is beyond me. If he hit the teacher and called him the n-word, then the teacher should have just called security and got the police involved. The only thing that can happen in a physical altercation is that someone could get hurt for real.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/marston-riley-maywood-academy-high-school-los-angeles-teacher-arrested-punching-student/
  • Yes
  • No
6d
Uhm. . . reasons? Why would anyone disagree with his arrest? I know there are students who have been physically assaulted in school and no one has been arrest. I haven't changed my views. Assaulting students is wrong in any situation. And when security/police are involved, they should only use the necessary force to take the student into custody.

Just in case that was not clear.
5d
Okay. New information. But it still does not change my view. Apparently this teacher had been attacked a couple of years earlier.

"We all may have mixed feelings about what happened. But please do know that this is not the first time that Mr. Riley is attacked; physically or verbally. He is a great person and a great teacher."

And apparently, this was planned out at least from one student's perspective.

4291