Which Test Is More Important: ACT or SAT?

I am trying to figure this out because my tutorer said that ACT is more for if you want to go to a science based college. And I guess the medical field would be science so which test is more crucial to study for? The ACT or SAT? or both?

310

Most Helpful Guys

• it depends on which part of the country you're looking at. west coast looks more at act while east coast cares more about sat scores

• When I was in high school it didn’t matter which you took, but you had to take one of them. If I remember correctly in my school in Florida, the SAT didn’t penalize you for the questions you got wrong or didn’t answer, rather, tallied up the ones you got right and compared that total to the total number of questions. The ACT does something different, but I don’t remember since I didn’t take that. I’d check with your teacher or anyone at your school who knows the difference between the two. Talk to a guidance counselor

• Lol I am in florida too!! Thanks for the advice. I will call one of my guidance counselors maybe after Thanksgiving break

Most Helpful Girl

• I’m not an expert but I think it depends on the school and the region you live in. I live in the Midwest and the SAT isn’t really that important to us unless you plan on going to a school in a different region. Most people don’t even bother taking it. The ACT however is really important.