Which Test Is More Important: ACT or SAT?

I am trying to figure this out because my tutorer said that ACT is more for if you want to go to a science based college. And I guess the medical field would be science so which test is more crucial to study for? The ACT or SAT? or both?

0|0

Most Helpful Guys

• it depends on which part of the country you're looking at. west coast looks more at act while east coast cares more about sat scores

1|0
    0|0
  • When I was in high school it didn’t matter which you took, but you had to take one of them. If I remember correctly in my school in Florida, the SAT didn’t penalize you for the questions you got wrong or didn’t answer, rather, tallied up the ones you got right and compared that total to the total number of questions. The ACT does something different, but I don’t remember since I didn’t take that. I’d check with your teacher or anyone at your school who knows the difference between the two. Talk to a guidance counselor

1|0
    0|0
    • Lol I am in florida too!! Thanks for the advice. I will call one of my guidance counselors maybe after Thanksgiving break

Most Helpful Girl

• I’m not an expert but I think it depends on the school and the region you live in. I live in the Midwest and the SAT isn’t really that important to us unless you plan on going to a school in a different region. Most people don’t even bother taking it. The ACT however is really important.

1|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 8

• neither, they are a scam used to discriminate against people. Anyone that wants to go to a college should be allowed in. The Liberals scream education, education, but try to keep some people out of college. Who cares if you make D's or can't finish, you still would learn something and b better off than no college.

2|0
    0|0
  • SAT is still the big dog. I say take bnoth I really do. They will take the highest.

1|0
    0|0
  • My cousin took neither, went to community college, got good grades, and when he transferred to CSUF no one cared that he never took either.

1|0
    0|0
  • The one that people usually study the least, which is the most likely to make the difference.

1|0
    0|0
  • Usually you can do either.

1|0
    0|0
  • Take both but it depends on the school.

1|0
    0|0
  • l am in scotland so l dont know sorry

1|0
    0|0
  • act. you don't HAVE to go out of state. you don't even have to go to college, but, if you do, it's better to show state schools, what you have

1|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 2

• I would say the SAT. But I say this because my school is preparing us more by giving us the PSAT and offering a prep class on it.

1|0
    0|0
    • Yeah, i dnt hear much on the ACT. But if science based colleges are looking for ACT then y dont schools provide a PACT or something? It should be optional

• I don't know but my mentor suggested that I take both of I have to money for it

• I would say the sat because it foesnt penalize you for wrobg answers. On the other hand, act pebalizes you for wrong answers.

1|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes