How can I start selling dresses for my business?

I am on a low budget and clothing manufacturing places require you to order a lot and way too expensive like $1,000 or more. I have a certain design and vision for dresses I want to make. They are over the knee body on strap dresses with sweetheart neckline. The fabric is shimmery and the thin straps will sa brand name rather than the same regular straps you see on the millions of body on dresses made already. I came across a wholesale website and sells many things and came across a dress that is exactly how I envision it and in the same 3 colors I wanted to sell them in. It has good reviews and people sent in pics of their dress and doesn’t look bad. The quality isn’t super amazing and expensive but am thinking of ordering and just adding my own see in labels and changing the straps? Is that bad or not? I can’t go to China this is all new and I’m 21 and starting very small. It’s $13 per dress. I’ve called places where they charge $600 to make just one dress.
Updates:
3d
Thinking it’s not good idea and better to use wholesale website

0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 2

• Sell them online. ebay or such

Or make a facebook page

0|0
    0|0
    • 3d

But I’m talking of getting them made, is it alright to do what I said in my paragraph? Found website where they sell cheap wholesale stuff but it’s exactly how I envisioned to make mine but just change 1-2 things to make it my own

• Show All
    • 3d

I’m just confused cuz it’ll cost a lot to get the labels , get them sewed onto drssses get my straps made and sewn , and if I sell 10, I don't know if I’ll make my money back

• 3d

Thinking it’s not good idea and better to use wholesale website

• you can try to find a local independent manufacturer that doesn't require bulk orders

0|0
    0|0
    • 3d

Found many that charge $1000 or more

• Show All
    • 3d

Sent email to one manufacturer that makes 10-50 pcs

• 3d

Called on place and hung up on me

What Girls Said 0

Be the first girl to share an opinion
and earn 1 more Xper point!