How can I start selling dresses for my business?

I am on a low budget and clothing manufacturing places require you to order a lot and way too expensive like $1,000 or more. I have a certain design and vision for dresses I want to make. They are over the knee body on strap dresses with sweetheart neckline. The fabric is shimmery and the thin straps will sa brand name rather than the same regular straps you see on the millions of body on dresses made already. I came across a wholesale website and sells many things and came across a dress that is exactly how I envision it and in the same 3 colors I wanted to sell them in. It has good reviews and people sent in pics of their dress and doesn’t look bad. The quality isn’t super amazing and expensive but am thinking of ordering and just adding my own see in labels and changing the straps? Is that bad or not? I can’t go to China this is all new and I’m 21 and starting very small. It’s $13 per dress. I’ve called places where they charge $600 to make just one dress.
3d
Thinking it’s not good idea and better to use wholesale website

02