Is social anxiety a good reason to drop out of high school?

I’m turning 16 on the 23rd of this month. That’s the dropout age.
Plus I’m failing gym and everything else. There’s no way I could catch up. I’d have to do another year.
But then I’d have to get a job or my parents said they’ll kick me out. I don’t want to get a job that requires human interaction. And my plan to make money online got ruined and I don’t have the motivation to start over.
  • Yes
  • No
I’m gonna be a transcriptionist
Thanks guys

My parents enrolled me in online school today ahah. They’re actually paying for it ❤️

1427

Most Helpful Guys

• if my anxiety were as bad as it is today back when i went to high school, i would be truant. i don't know how bad yours is, but get some help. i truly hope the world has moved into a more extenuating circumstances scenario, where you can be in school but learn it yourself at home.

tbh i learned very little in high school. too much distraction, no motivation.

• I'm in the exact same predicament as you... My social anxiety is so bad that I just didn't know how I will survive... There's no way I could get a job with this amount of social anxiety and school was a fucking strain... But somehow I managed to get myself on job seekers allowance... Which is my only way if supporting myself right now.. hopefully they never stop my money... If they do.. well then I guess I'm fucked... I'll have to become homeless and live in a tent or something... Our lives suck man

• It's kinda nice tho to see I'm not the only 1 with social anxiety this bad that it severely fucks up our life... I thought I was the only 1 lol..❤️.. I wish I could like... Come down to you and give you a big hug and jus like... Take you away from all this... You know... Take care of you... Make sure you never have to worry about ending up on the streets... Id like... get a job and let you live in my house for free... and I'd give you some money every now n then ❤️❤️❤️
      Too bad though my social anxiety wouldn't allow me to do that lol

• ❤️❤️