My boyfriend has been told that he will lose his job next month if his performance doesn't improve, how can I best support him and his future career?

My boyfriend joined this company a year and a half ago, directly out of college. It's a small team in a large company. He had no idea that things were going anything other than well until two months ago. He and his supervisor were called in and given a dressing down about performance that grew beyond what my BF's scope could cover from my perspective. His supervisor handed in notice and will be leaving soon, and now it's just boyfriend and the manager on the team.

I know he's trying, but had a poor performance review again and told that by next month he will be let go if his performance doesn't improve.

There seems to be a lot of weird stuff going on above my BF's head that he will never be privvy to - but we live in a fairly small city and I don't want him to have to face what he feels (not me) is the 'shame' of being fired. How can I best support him through this? I don't want to be obviously babying him, putting down his work colleagues, or enforcing any other kind of behaviour that might result in him not escaping there with at least a decent character reference.
5
0