How do you handle employment rejection?

Inspired by my friend and I applying for the same job, both getting rejected and each of us having different reactions.

Also inspired by everyone I work with applying for other jobs and stories of how people handed previous rejections are starting to rear their heads. How do you handle employment rejection?
  • I handle it well - I get on with life, there will be other opportunities
    Vote A
  • I burn the company down
    Vote B
  • I complain to HR for unfair dismissal of my CV/Interview
    Vote C
Select age and gender to cast your vote:
I'm a GirlI'm a Guy

0|2

Most Helpful Guys

• Literally going to a job interview in 30 mins. Um its whatever i only been rejectef twice and they both was my fault i didn't really want the jobs i wanted the money so my effort wasn't there

2|0
    0|0
  • I'm sorry to hear that 😕 i always get the answer "we'll let you know something" but never hear from them again

1|0
    0|0
    • Thank you! It’s no problem at all though, I knew I wasn’t even going to get an interview for it, I’m no where near experienced enough. I applied just to show interest more than anything else.

I’m sorry to hear that for you too! Have you found something now?

• Show All
    • Hopefully you’ll find something soon! Don’t give up! 😊

• Tnx 😊 you too

Most Helpful Girl

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls & Guys Said

• Unfortunately, it really is part of life. Especially, if for example, you're a guy, and you're in the sphere of dating. Or you're in a poor position with respect to your career. You just get up, learn from it, and refine your approach henceforth.

That or binge eat till the pain goes away. I've opted for both approaches - both totally valid.

2|0
    0|0
  • "Well, this went as expected."
    This is how I handle it. Basically, I have no expectation. Generally, in life. I noticed one thing: everything goes to shit (if left alone/to random chance). There is more options that you don't want then those you want. Welcome to this shitty universe. Meaning if you apply to some job, you don't have much chance, on average.

2|1
    0|0
  • I do it like this.
    1) Spam the resumes around. Spam, spam, spam. Everyone gets my application.
    2) Attend the job interviews of those, who responded.
    3) The first one to officially hire me on the earliest time gets me
    4) To everyone else after this point I just say "I appreciate that but I got hired full time now. But thank you anyway!"

2|0
    0|0
  • I don't care - there are billions of jobs in this world. I take rejection by grad school a lot more personally but I've never applied and never been rejected so I can't comment on that either.

1|0
    0|0
  • It really bothers me when there is no reaction from the company. Silence. I want to know what they didn't like. There have been a few that actually responded. Some excuses were fine and I took them easily. And some were just... RRR. I remember when one of them replied something like "We are very impressed with your experience and (something). Unfortunately we decided to go the other way (whatever that means)". RRR. If you were impressed then why did you reject me? Another one simply said "The position is no longer available". That's easy to brush off and move on.

2|1
    0|0
  • Normally it's just whatever but one time I had a company send me an email just to tell me they had no interest in hiring me, and that kinda hurt for some reason lol

1|0
    0|0
  • As much as I feel disappointed when I don’t get the job I want I can always look elsewhere and remember that some places look for people who would get paid less compared to others with the same qualifications but have been paid more in previous jobs.

0|0
    0|0
  • I get over it. Im applying to work there. Its not a right

1|0
    0|0
  • Their loss... I just move on.. I don't wallow about it but keep exploring more opportunities

1|0
    0|0
  • It's fine we can't all be qualified for every job, I realize that and move on to one that fits for me

2|0
    0|0
  • It's still easier than dating... I get more people interested in my cv than my profile.

0|1
    0|0
  • I handle it well - I get on with life, there will be other opportunities

1|0
    0|0
  • If you put the phrase, "LGBT" on your resume somewhere, for instance saying you're an "LGBT ally." or whatever, the software that looks at all the job applications will automatically send your application through.

You can also type "LGBT" or other SJW buzzwords or even things like "Harvard," "Disabled Military Vet," etc. in a white-colored font, so that it will be invisible to human eyes, but the software will still pick it up.

If you want to get your application past their software screening, you have to know which keywords to use, or else a human will never even look at your job application.

0|1
    0|0
  • t's fine we can't all be qualified for every job i just move on to the next one its no big deal

2|0
    0|0
  • That can be frustrating but We have to move on. Look for another job.

1|0
    0|0
  • No problem... I'll take my skills elsewhere and find something.

1|0
    0|0
  • Take out everything on everyone around me. Eventually I calm down tho and just move on, but I'll always probably hate that place

0|0
    0|0
  • Rejection is the biggest motivation... first step of success. If u take it positively. Sorry if my opinion disturb u.

0|0
    0|0
  • If you were turned down it was probably because you're not well suited for the position. Just keep looking.

0|0
    0|0
  • try try again an improve on my wording an what my skills, are, when I write, it

1|0
    0|0
  • I always took it as their loss if I truly felt qualified for the job...

1|0
    0|0
  • "burn the company down"

😂😂

Or give them the 🖕 finger

0|0
    0|0
  • I'd have liked some other more "reasonable" choices. :)

0|0
    0|0
  • write 10 applications for each rejection. that's how.

0|0
    0|0
  • I kinda laugh because I know what I bring to the table

0|0
    0|0
  • Lol ASSSHOLES. xxoo

1|0
    0|0
  • I cry a little first, then do option A.

1|0
    0|1
  • It was not meant to be.

1|0
    0|0
  • I Cry

2|0
    0|0
  • I'm sad for sure but try to move on

1|0
    0|0
  • Move on and apply elsewhere