Do you really think that math is a boring subject?

• Yes!
    Vote A
  • No!
    Vote B
  • Boring people likes math
    Vote C
  • Boring people hates math
    Vote D
Select age and gender to cast your vote:
I'm a GirlI'm a Guy

1|0

Most Helpful Guy

• I am trained as an engineer, so I have done a little math back in the day. It is surprising how little math I use, usually nothing higher than first year university, and how much of an advantage in life it gives me with practical tasks.

0|1
    0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• My mom is a math teacher and I think I got the math genes because I'm usually pretty good at math. Of course there are definitely units that I've struggled in but overall I like math. Happy almost pi day!

0|1
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls & Guys Said

• Maths is boring. It suits robotic personalities who get a kick out of doing things in correct order. I find a lot who like maths can follow the pattern but don't really understand whats happening or why they got the answer. Its like watching a monkey play the piano, it hits the right keys in order but doesn't understand, but long as it gets a banana its happy.

0|0
    0|0
    • What you mean? Math = Luck?

• Show All
    • 7d

Math is not about that. It about logic and looking the logical consequence of of axiomatic systems.

To say it's about blindly remembering patterns is like saying a writer remembers gramatical rules.

• 7d

It is clear that @purplepoppy's entire education is at a special ed school that is why she has this experience and she needed to share with us her lack of understanding of a basic mental activity such as learning math. My girlfriend used to take care of mentally challenged people and she told me they could be very hostile towards thinking in general, and they tend to see monkeys and bananas in every human activity

• Yes and no. I like solving some problems and figuring out numbers but I hate knowing that I have to memorize formulas

0|1
    0|0
  • I like it because most often there's actually a right answer which better than more subjective subjects

0|1
    0|0
  • its just really hard depending on what kind but i really love math

0|1
    0|1
  • My university course is about maths.
    It's not boring just extremely difficult for non mathematically minded people.

0|1
    0|0
  • Math, when you really boil it down, is really logic.

Math isn't about computation. It's about expressing ideas and showing the logical consequences of them. And many time, many people ask what applications there are. If everything is made of atom, what use is fractal geometry? Or if we live in a finite universe, what use is infinite mathematics? Often, those ideas with infinite mathematics and idealised situation often have a finite analogue that uses the same basic concepts, and those are applicable. Even though perfect fractals do not exist, approximations of fractals are useful in many fields, like engineering.

0|1
    0|0
  • I actually think the theoretical side of math is really interesting, but I absolutely hate when I have to use it in a practical way.

0|0
    0|0
  • When our son was 12, I got a simple computer. I took his schoolbooks and showed him how to program a circle, an oval, a parabole, a hyperbole graphic, in DOS 1.0. Do you really think that math is a boring subject?
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Amstrad_CPC
    After some time we moved on to Julia and Mandelbroth fractals, using iterating formulas. But that was too hard for the tiny Amstrad: it needed 12 hrs to complete one. Thus he got a basic Intel computer.
    Later I found him a new programmable TI calculator in a sale.

Do you really think that math is a boring subject?

He liked it and a few months later, we moved on to

0|0
    0|0
  • No. Math is a deep and complex subject that teaches us much about the world.

0|0
    0|0
  • Math is interesting in context.
    Outside context it is abstract and dry

0|0
    0|0
  • Its boring when they are not used in real life problems , it can be fun if you use it in your job

0|0
    0|0
    • The whole world depends on mathematics

• Its just a puzzle. You should ask people if they like puzzles or not

0|0
    0|0
  • I stunk in it as an Exciting Person. lolxx

0|0
    0|0
  • I loved maths is high school, still love maths.

0|1
    0|0
  • Boring as fuck

0|0
    0|1
  • Yes! But that's because I'm more right brain than left

0|1
    0|0
    • Are you left hander?

• Show All
    • Wow! Great! Best of luckπŸ‘πŸ‘

• Thankyou! You too!😊