Should I have quit my job due to Affirmative Action?

last job i had they hired me because they had too hire a black person. I felt really uncomfortable and quit the job. Did i do the right thing?

814

814
  • I find it demeaning. Its even a thing with hiring women. Id like to get a position because I was qualified and a good asset, not because in suppost to fill some agenda.

• It's affirmative action that is wrong, and since they 'have' to hire a black person, the person who is most qualified won't get it even if you do quit, so you might as well keep it, learn to do it well, make some money and then leave with a good recommendation and some experience. Might as well make the most of a situation you can't change.

• I think you did the right thing. I also feel like I should be hired based off of my skills and not because of my race, sex, sexuality, etc and it would actually feel really degrading knowing that they only hired me because of that. I know how you feel and yes, you did the right thing. Find someone who will hire you because you're the best for the job and nothing else!

• I would, if i was you. Of course you have to be sure you have something else.
    But tbh I would feel good to be chosen because they have to, and not because I'm the best choice.
    Not only that but you probably took the place of someone else who didn't get the job because he was white. That's discrimination.
    I'd say you did well. It's an honorable move from you. You've earned my respect for it.

• Affirmative action is a bullshit consept, but what the hell. It was a job. Its not the workplace faujlt anyways, its the liberal laws. If you enjoyed the work, I would keep going.

• I wouldn't want to work for that company either. You did the right thing. Unless you're desperate for money

• That is terrible. This is the problem with the whole idea. You can probably do the job fine, but now you are being discriminated against for not being discriminated against lol.

• Be Proud to Be Black... They Want Someone like you Today, Bae, Because you are Special, And Not just for Color But For... Proud Heritage.. xx

• I don’t know if you could say it’s a right or wrong thing you did. I personally agree with your decision. If I was told I got a job because they had to hire someone that fit (blank) category I wouldn’t feel like I earned the job, and I would feel like people might resent me for that. In your specific case I don’t know though. How long did you stick around before quitting? Were you there long enough to get a read on the work environment? Did it feel like everyone was welcoming? Also how did you find out that’s why they decided to hire you? If they told you that when giving you the job I’d say that was a 🚩 and you were right to get out. If you found out some other way maybe not.

• Was it a real job and something that you wanted to do? Might not have been the best thing to do if so unless the other workers were giving you a hard time.

• I think that affirmative action itself is wrong, but I don't know if that means you have to shoot yourself in the foot over it.

• How exactly did you figure out that was their main reason for the hire?

• Yeah, affirmative action is bullshit and insulting to those helped and hurt by it.

• Wrong reason to quit they might of had to hire did not have to keep you

• I guess. If you honestly thought you didn't deserve the position.

• Yes... 👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻

• get an attorney

• If u didn't wanna stay sure

• One word, sue them.

• I think affirmative action is retarded morally, but if I were you and it was a well paying job I would have taken advantage of it.

• Bitch, you should have kept the job food stamps are cut off 😂😂😂

• Good for you! They didn't hire you based on your skills, but the color of your skin.

Yeah, you could stay and prove your worth, but why waste your energy and time trying to impress them? Unless you're desperate for money, keep your self respect and move on! Find a job where they hire you based on your skill and talent.

• 6d

How did i know? the disrespect i received on my job.