My boss said to me “you can’t go out on the shop floor looking like THAT”, is it really that bad?

i work in an office at a store, usually I wear an orange t shirt and fleece but I was going out straight after work so decided to wear something smart/casual (which was the uniform before and what everyone else wears in the office). I only wear the orange shirt so I don’t have to think of what to wear everyday.

When he said “you can’t go it on the shop floor looking like THAT” I cried in the office for ten minutes. I felt so insecure and spoken to like rubbish, I thought I looked okay.

I’ve attached photos for you all to see what I was wearing. Does it look okay to you? Bearing in mind someone else in the office wears ripped jeans and trainers but they’ve never said anything to her.
4 d
There was once a worker who wore a hoodie, joggers and UGG boots and no one said anything to her.
7
5