My boss said to me “you can’t go out on the shop floor looking like THAT”, is it really that bad?

My boss said to me “you can’t go out on the shop floor looking like THAT”, is it really that bad?
i work in an office at a store, usually I wear an orange t shirt and fleece but I was going out straight after work so decided to wear something smart/casual (which was the uniform before and what everyone else wears in the office). I only wear the orange shirt so I don’t have to think of what to wear everyday.

When he said “you can’t go it on the shop floor looking like THAT” I cried in the office for ten minutes. I felt so insecure and spoken to like rubbish, I thought I looked okay.

I’ve attached photos for you all to see what I was wearing. Does it look okay to you? Bearing in mind someone else in the office wears ripped jeans and trainers but they’ve never said anything to her.
Updates:
4 d
There was once a worker who wore a hoodie, joggers and UGG boots and no one said anything to her.
Add Opinion