Am I weird for having these interests? Honestly?

I was walking at night with a work colleague of mine he's smart and all. He got better marks than me in school, then I started talking to him about Orion's belt and the star Sirius. he said "I don't know how you think about these things and find time for them".

I honestly start to feel awkward for my science and space interests. also about history and geopolitics. people around me make me feel a little childish. I know I have no benefit from these things, that's total waste of time. they have nothing to do with my life, they bring me no money. It just feels so good for me on the rarest chance to talk about and think about these stuff.

But I feel they're occupying space in mind where I should think and know about things other than that. say football, or fashion and game of thrones. or learning languages where I can get along with more and more people and have more life benefits. What do you think?
1
1