At 5 years old I was classified as having a Learning Disability. Now I have a Graduate Degree after being in normal classes since 3rd Grade. How?

At the age of 3 years old both of my separated parents abandoned me. I was left at a Juvenile Center in the inner city. I had also been sexually abused by my mother when I had been living with her. When I moved in with my grandparents I was a black child adjusting to a white family.
I had never been to preschool and I had difficulty speaking. I was essentially mute. It was soon discovered that I had a condition where there was an extra layer of skin beneath my tongue that was impacting its mobility. I had to have an operation to get that layer of skin clipped.

By the time I started Kindergarten around the age of 5 I was developing slower than my pupils. I was classified as LD and it was said that I had a learning disability and a "speech and language handicap".

By 3rd grade I was removed from Special Education and remained in normal classes full time. I stayed in normal classes the rest of my life. I graduated high school on the honor roll. Several years later I earned a Masters Degree.

How could this be? How could this drastic change from disability to graduate degree happen?
You probably have a Learning Disability but adjusted well enough to succeed.
You probably were misclassified and NEVER had a Learning Disability
GirlGuy
2
2