Daughter wearing Boots to school? Do you think I have a point or not?

So my daughter comes home Thursday , the first day I sent her to school in smart winter boots - to say a teacher said she is not allowed.
Anyway, I double checked the official school uniform policy and not a mention of Boots not being allowed.

I spoke to her teacher yesterday morning who said they are allowed to wear Boots to school but will have to change into plimsolls for the classroom and they can wear the Boots for break times and home etc. This is not a problem for me BUT is also not on the uniform policy or website anywhere. Also, the teacher told me this while wearing Boots. Does she have to change into something else for the classroom?

So, the head is a huge hypocrite with her own uniform policy I think. She tries to enforce something not on the uniform policy re boots. Teachers wear Boots.

Am I right or wrong?
5
2