Threatened with termination because of someone else's misinterpretation: What can I do?

Anonymous
So I'm just trying to figure out if this is even ethical. Here's the story: my fiance and I work for the same company in the same building but in different sections. Yesterday, we got called into a meeting with one of the higher ups. He told us that there were a couple of complaints against us over the past few months that he needed to address. The first complaint was that my fiance talks too loud and made another manager "uncomfortable" with the volume of his voice. My fiance is partially deaf (almost completely deaf in his right ear) which makes him talk a bit louder than the average person. Basically their solution was to just ban him from talking altogether. The second complaint was a slap in the face. I have been suffering through depression for the past few months. A couple weeks ago, I had been having a particularly rough day. My fiance took his break at the same time I did and we found an out of the way place outside to sit while I cried and vented to him. I guess the same manager that complained about his voice saw us and complained to my boss that I was being VERBALLY ABUSED by my fiance and that I was "cowering and whimpering in the corner while he screamed at me". We were then informed that, despite the fact that we haven't actually done anything to violate any rules in the handbook, we were one complaint away from termination. How the hell do I keep my job if I'm getting complaints over someone else's misinterpretations? Do I even have a right to be upset at this point?
14
5