Did anyone else have a really disappointing college experience?

Anonymous
I graduated a few years ago, but honestly, I still sometimes think about how lame my college experience was, especially when coworkers talk about meeting up with their university friends.

Basically, I transferred to a university that was my top choice, but God, after arriving, it became apparent that the social life at my college revolved around people getting drunk in the dorms/off campus houses, complaining about classmates and who hooked up with whom, bitching about politics, and playing video games. The people there were mean and miserable, too! Seriously, no one wanted to leave campus to see a film, go for a hike, visit a museum... anything. I wound up going out all of the time by myself and I stayed in hostels a lot, which was fun... to an extent. The academics were great, but the entire social scene sucked, and the day I left was the last day I spoke to anyone from that school.

Did anyone else have a similar experience?
2
5