If a job ask you to cover a shift that's 68 miles total and 40 minutes away. Would you ask them to compensate you at a higher rate?

SamirahD22
I'm just trying to make sure I'm not being unreasonable here. my job asked me I could cover a shift. Its 34mils going and 34 miles back total 68 mile drive. 40 minutes not including traffic. Would you ask for a higher rate to do that?
If a job ask you to cover a shift thats 68 miles total and 40 minutes away. Would you ask them to compensate you at a higher rate?
Yes , I'd ask for a higher rate to help cover mileage
No I wouldn't ask for a higher rate
Opinion not listed
Vote C
GirlGuy
6 mo
I told her it was a bit far.68 miles is a lot to ask of me plus its 40 minutes there and back not including traffic. I dont understand how some people are saying nope I'd be a team player mean while the coworker who comes to relieve you from your shift is getting compensated $5 more. i dont think asking for qualifies as mot being a team player. If they have the audacity to ask you to drive 68 miles away and they're a wealthy corporation why not ask. im just confused
6 mo
The update was just an example of someone who speaks up vs the take of the team type person.
18
8