What are you all currently doing for a living? What are you all going to do in the future if you’re a student, recent graduate, trainee, etc?

Anonymous
I’m soon going to be enlisting in the National Guard to go into infantry to be an infantryman. Once I get back from all my training, I’ll apply to be a police officer to see if I can get hired and earn full salary and benefits while at the academy, or send myself on my own dime to go to the police academy and then apply to whatever agency I want.

I have other further aspirations or things I want to get into and do in both the National Guard and police force.

There are numerous things one can do within a police department such as being a detective, handling K9s, being on the SWAT team, getting on the marine/dive unit, being on an aviation team, being a school resource officer, etc. In most agencies, you have to serve a minimum of at least one to two years on patrol before you can inquire about joining one of these specialty units.

For the National Guard, one of the main things I want to do is go Special Forces.
29
15