Do you ever find yourself speaking like others if you hang around them long enough?

DizzyDesii
I deal with a variety of customers with different accents. I don't know if i’ve been at this job too long but i find myself talking like them now and they prob think im nuts or mocking them. Its legit unintentional. Yesterday i kept talking like a Brit (to some nonbrits) and I tried to stop but it was like my tongue was stuck. Its not somehing i laugh about, it really freaks me out. Today I’ve been told i sound Australian and its happening again. Then every now and again i revert back to my childhood country twang which was strong af. One man even asked if im originally from Kentucky πŸ˜‚πŸ™ˆ I can't stop. But with evey other customer my accent changes and I hardly remember my original voice. I even went Irish on this one American guy. I don't know whats happening to my voice but has this happened to any of you? I’m tired of sounding like Hannah Monfreakintana on occasion #FeelFreeToList #TheVoice
Yes this happens to me
Its happened before but not lately
This never happens to me
Vote C
GirlGuy
5 mo
by the way im mainly referring to accents changing. Disregard the memes... as they refer to the slang/phrase itself
62
27